• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

VACUM PACK

LAWDOG

Have any of you ever vacum packed a box of Gars, I would stick a boveda pack in there dont know what to do got this box as a gift and theres no room in my box for any more seegars, But im also thing of a small kooler to put the box in, remember its only for one box.

Thanks for your help...

Have any of you ever vacuum packed a box of Gars. I would stick a boveda pack in there, don't know what to do. Got this box as a gift and there's no room in my box for any more cigars. But I'm also thinkingof a small cooler to put the box in, remember it's only for one box.

Thanks for your help...

You're welcome.

I wouldn't vacuum pack it. Just put it in a tupperware bowl with a Boveda and I bet you'll be ok.

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I don't know what would happen to a cigar organically as it ages without air or humidity, but I'd image that it could change things. Also, I'd worry about cracking/splitting the wrapper or binder. Finally, I don't think this would accomplish anything to begin with as you'd likely still end up with a dehumidified stick.

I'd recommend the tupperware idea or a simple ziplock back with a water pillow.

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I don't know what would happen to a cigar organically as it ages without air or humidity, but I'd image that it could change things. Also, I'd worry about cracking/splitting the wrapper or binder. Finally, I don't think this would accomplish anything to begin with as you'd likely still end up with a dehumidified stick.

I'd recommend the tupperware idea or a simple ziplock back with a water pillow.

It would be the box, Thats the way they ship them when I receive them, was wondering for no longer then a month. aia know not the bare cigars that would be a mess.

It would be the box, Thats the way they ship them when I receive them, was wondering for no longer then a month. aia know not the bare cigars that would be a mess.

I doubt they ship them vacuum packed. Usually, the boxes are just shrink wrapped. Arturo fuente will simply ship his cigars with a humidipak in side the box and then shrink wrap the outside. This sounds like what you want and should be good enough for temporary storage (like a few weeks). Here's what I'm talking about: http://www.humidipak.com/

Humidpaks work great. Vacuum sealing, without a total evacuation, would be perfectly fine for even a month. I have done it several times. Otherwise, just use a double zipper freezer bag. Put a boveda in the bag with the box, and relax for a few months. If you get the box out of a humidor, it will already have moisture in the cedar. Just get it in the bag quickly.
Then check the boveda every week for a while, to be sure the box has not pulled all the moisture.
if you think the box is too dry, like a unvarnished cabinet, you could wrap a damp towel aroung the box for a day or two, then transfer to the bag. plastic bag, plastic cooler, plastic food container, what's the real differance?