• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vancouver BOTLs

Treamayne

On the run...
I'm taking my mother on an Alaskan Cruise for her 60th (don't tell her I told you her age...) and we'll dis-embark in Vancouver. I was hoping to spend a day or three before flying home and was hoping for insider information, where to go, what to see, what area to get a hotel, etc. Not to mention a Herf, if anyone is local or nearby. Time-frame: Cruise may 23-30 and we'll stay in Vancouver unitl about the 2nd.

On the front end I'll be in Anchorage from about 20-23 May and have PMed Swissy already.

-K-

It's been 23 years but do a search on Vancouver gardens, they have a number of great ones from UBC, Dr. Sun, Stanley Park and a few others. Perfect date stuff when I was living near there. Also, be sure to walk the Capilano footbridge and bring your camera!

Stanley Park is fantastic. Yaletown is a blast and there's a great (but expensive) B&M there. The LCDH in town is a little funky. When I was there last August they weren't all that friendly which shocked me, because they had been very cool there on my previous trips. Seriously... don't miss Yaletown. It's a great area of Vancouver. As far as places to stay... I actually rented an apartment that I found on Craigslist the last time I was up there and it worked perfect. Great town... enjoy yourself. :thumbs:

Stanley Park is awesome, a nice Aquarium near by, and so on...might want to check out Granville Island while you are there...Very cool farmers market type of feel to it! Maybe I can time my next business trip to around that time, and see you there! I will let you know.

Edit to add: Great view from Engish Bay ( Stanley Park ) at night.....Very nice! Let me know if you are looking for Hotel Recomendations?

Edit to add: Great view from Engish Bay ( Stanley Park ) at night.....Very nice! Let me know if you are looking for Hotel Recomendations?

I am....

Thanks for the tips everybody. Sounds like i should try to get more than 3 days there.

-K-

Right now I'm leaning toward Holiday Inn (only because of points - open to suggestions) but don't know if the Downtown, Broadway-Vancouver Centre, or Airport HI would be in the best location. Suggestions anyone?

-K-

Right now I'm leaning toward Holiday Inn (only because of points - open to suggestions) but don't know if the Downtown, Broadway-Vancouver Centre, or Airport HI would be in the best location. Suggestions anyone?

-K-

Stay downtown... You can walk all around and see the sights. It's an easy walk to Yaletown or the opposite direction to Stanley Park. You won't be disappointed downtown.

BTW here's the B & M I visited on my last trip to Vancouver. Nice place, great location, a little pricey (Canada), excellent selections.

Enjoy

-K-

Stay downtown... You can walk all around and see the sights. It's an easy walk to Yaletown or the opposite direction to Stanley Park. You won't be disappointed downtown.

BTW here's the B & M I visited on my last trip to Vancouver. Nice place, great location, a little pricey (Canada), excellent selections.

Enjoy

Wow, there's a few sticks I wouldn't mind trying there no matter the price...
Nice suggestion Chris!

-Rob

well, pulled the trigger.

Made reservation at:

The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
1601 Bayshore Drive
Vancouver, British Columbia V6G

Harbor view room and all that.

Any recommendation for food and nightlife in teh area?

Anyone know if there are good plays'musical or what theatre it would be to look it up?

-K-

well, pulled the trigger.

Made reservation at:

The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
1601 Bayshore Drive
Vancouver, British Columbia V6G

Harbor view room and all that.

Any recommendation for food and nightlife in teh area?

Anyone know if there are good plays'musical or what theatre it would be to look it up?

-K-

Well, thanks to everyone for their extremely useful input. The show is over and I have just returned home. Internet was sparse and expensive for th etrip, so I didn't really use it at all, hence this catch all post-event post.

Anchorage Rocked - and a great thank you to Swissy (Jim) for all the extra help, despite your tight schedule and it was great Herfing with both Jim and Brett (Peterscreek). Definitely jealous of your house, deck and veiw there Brett <grin>. Dinner was awesome too. Another thnaks for the insider info on the area - Seward was excellent. Matt, sorry we didn't get to hook up - but that's anouther excuse to make it back in th earea for another Herf!

Vancouver rocked, although we were so beat from the long cruise and too many shore stops that we didn't get to do too much. My mother's back was acting up, so we played it low-key and relaxed. Stanley park was great - made it there all three days, Queen Elizabeth park was georgeous too. Diodn't get to see too much downtown, drove through Chintown and Gastown. Made a stop by Yaletown to find Seadub's recommended Cigar Shop - it was nice, but is leaving the location. Lease is expired and owner won't renew, so they had a bit of a sale (which I used as an excuse to shop a bit <grin>) and said that their mail-order would remain while they found a new location. Thanks to xRanger and AVB for the insights as well, wish I could have made it to the bridge - but no joy. Need to go back with a car and more time, but now there's another excuse to return.

All-in-all the vacation was beyond phenomenal and exactly what I needed. First real vacation in years. I'll be posting some of my 3000+ pictures once I get them reduced and cleaned up a bit.

V/R

-K-