• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Venders and moldy sticks....what do they do with em?

rx2man

Banned
Seems like the Par P2's are getting hard to find. Looks like 3 x 5 A/T's are heading my way. I have not had much luck with tubos, but the items in question are inspected prior to heading out. They are inspected for any issues. If they find moldy ones you think they just wipe em off and stick em back in the tubes? or.......

They send em to one of us here at CP, we lick em, dry em, and send em back.

They send em to one of us here at CP, we lick em, dry em, and send em back.

no no, I was not asking about beads, moldy sticks sir. I read of stuff being inspected prior to shipping. I really cant see stuff being thrown away. The sceptical side of me figures they wipe em off and send em on the way.

. If they find moldy ones you think they just wipe em off and stick em back in the tubes? or.......

I highly doubt that - the cost of shipping and delivery guarantees makes it unlikely that any reputable merchant would simply take that risk. If you received tubos in poor shape , I would think it is more likely an issue that developed in transit.

. If they find moldy ones you think they just wipe em off and stick em back in the tubes? or.......

I highly doubt that - the cost of shipping and delivery guarantees makes it unlikely that any reputable merchant would simply take that risk. If you received tubos in poor shape , I would think it is more likely an issue that developed in transit.

That depends.
If they are shipped 'sealed'....probably not.

I wonder how long it would take to get a nice patch of mold on some sticks. Probably more than ten days!

Mold can form in a matter of hours given the propper conditions.

I do agree that everu vendor when they see mold - "no, no, that's plume"

We should make a you-tube video of someone really smart showing examples of plume v. mold, so we can call it up on our phones and educate store owners on just what plume is.

Mold can form in a matter of hours given the propper conditions.

I do agree that everu vendor when they see mold - "no, no, that's plume"

We should make a you-tube video of someone really smart showing examples of plume v. mold, so we can call it up on our phones and educate store owners on just what plume is.

...like that would help. There are owners that actually give a s#!t....and the other kind. I'm willing to bet they know perfectly well what mold looks like....they just assume the customer doesn't.

I asked a vendor and the reply I got was we smoke em ourselves if they are not bad. If real bad tossed. I got some really bad ones from a vendor that does not inspect before shipping and had to send em to a rep here in the US. They were replaced and I hope get here in the next day or so better than the last ones.

I asked a vendor and the reply I got was we smoke em ourselves if they are not bad. If real bad tossed. I got some really bad ones from a vendor that does not inspect before shipping and had to send em to a rep here in the US. They were replaced and I hope get here in the next day or so better than the last ones.

A rep in the US?

A rep in the US?

Well, not sure if rep would be the right word but a person based in the US to accept a return.

Very aggravating when a seller insists it's plume, when it's obviously mold. I used a great vendor until this disagreemnt came up and it took too much aggravation to get resolved, therefore I moved on.

I NEVER order cigars to be delivered in the summer.

Summer purchases are limited to B & M's where I can transport them myself.

I do not know for sure, but I suspect my vendor probably doesn't have time to wipe off each cigar individually.

A rep in the US?

Well, not sure if rep would be the right word but a person based in the US to accept a return.

If the rep in question was based in the NY area I believe I had the same issue with the same vendor, only with some Upmann 50 tubos. They did the right thing, but I wasn't happy jumping through the hoops they made me jump through to get a credit.
This was in March, no summer heat to blame for the aggressive blue and green "plume".

A rep in the US?

If the rep in question was based in the NY area I believe I had the same issue with the same vendor, only with some Upmann 50 tubos. They did the right thing, but I wasn't happy jumping through the hoops they made me jump through to get a credit.
This was in March, no summer heat to blame for the aggressive blue and green "plume".

Thats the one, in NY City, And yes I was not happy to be screwing around with it either. Sucked because they were sticks with a couple yrs on em and if stored properly would probably have been decent. I am not going to be using them any more as there are other venders that do better and with their price increases they are the same as everyone else. Whats funny is when you read reviews from other customers saying they got sticks with plume on them. I even replied and told the guy it was most likely mold. His response "I know the difference between mold and plume". Not much to say after that.