• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Venison neck roast ..... need recipe.

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
Let me declare this right now, I am a lazy hunter. Not that I don't put in a lot of effort to get the deer, but I am lazy about butchering.

I have never done a neck roast and I have heard it is one of the best cuts of meat on a deer.

I'd love to hear some of your methods of prepping and cooking a venison roast?

I wish I had a recipe for ya. We used to just grind the neck with the rest and make burger out of it. As I'm sure you're aware, it's gonna be a bit dry, so make sure to have a bit of gravy ready. I believe the last one I did was in the crock pot, with veggies, beef stock and a bit of water. Slow cook and eat. Was pretty tender and not over cooked.

Good luck.

Floyd T

I wish I had a recipe for ya. We used to just grind the neck with the rest and make burger out of it. As I'm sure you're aware, it's gonna be a bit dry, so make sure to have a bit of gravy ready. I believe the last one I did was in the crock pot, with veggies, beef stock and a bit of water. Slow cook and eat. Was pretty tender and not over cooked.

Good luck.

Floyd T
Thx brother!

I asked my hunter friend to get me some neck meat so I could make stock from it.