• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ventilation

Actually, the cleaning process is not that bad. You can put the electrostatic filters and pre-filters in the dishwasher. They will come really clean. No special detergent needed. If you choose to go the soaking route it can be a bit messy and time consuming.

Roscoe
The Metropolitan Society
http://www.metrocigar.com

Here is some info that might help pick out the right vent.

Typical rate of exchange for a boiler room is 1-3 minutes per air change, a restaurant is 3-10 mins per change, bathroom 2-5 mins per change.

Calculate cubic feet and divide by mins per change desired for vent cfm.

CFM's are listed at 0 sp (staic pressure), so if you have air restrictions on discharge (duct runs, louvers etc) or intake, the cfm exausted will be less. (Its a complicated formula).

For quiteness, look for a sone rating. 1 sone is aprox the sound of an average refigerator when the compressor is running, 2 sones is double and so on.

For every 750 cfm exausted you need 1 square foot of air intake (you can't exauste from a sealed up space).
I am remodeling a room to be my small den. I have filtration in mind for post smoking. Due to restriction on my air intake (5" round) I am limited to about 100 cfm exhaust. If I did my math right. My room is 150 sq. ft. (8' ceiling). My question is, will 100 cfm remove enough smoke for the room to remain comfortable while smoking 2 cigars at once? Its about 5 room changes per hour.

I have a fan in the window that's beside my desk, and it works well as i'm not far at all from the window. My problem is the carpet is absorbing the cigar smell, and if we stay in this house (on the market now) i'll pull out the carpet, put down wood floors (walls are wood) and spend a little $ upgrading the 'system'.

I'm guessing there's no way to completely remove all cigar smell if you smoke in there regularly?

I have a home theater that is roughly 21' x 21' with 9' ceilings. That is ~3600cf. There is attic above this room, so I plan on installing this fan Fantech RE 8XL in the roof and running 8" duct split into 2 6" ducts so I can install 2 vents in the ceiling, one on each side of the room.
This setup should clear the room evey 8-9 mins since the fan is ~400cfm. I will have the problem of the fan removing the cold or hot air from the room, but hopefully the heat/air will replenish.

I will post feedback once I get the setup installed.

Dave