• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Very odd request...

mhortsch

Where am I?
So we have this annual camping trip we take every year. We drive 8 hours to the northern tip of the state to camp out for the weekend, this will be the 12th year its taken place (My 4th, the fiances 10th)

We always have custom t-shirts made, still will. This year we want drink glasses as well.

Every place I see has a 200 count minimum for around $150, we only need about 20.

Does anyone on this board have the resources to make this happen for a much smaller quantity?

edit: spelling

Yeah that is typical. I was in sales for many years and as such I would periodically have to order "gift" for my accounts . . . you know stuff like pens, note pads, golf tees, misc. desk junk all with our company logo and such.

Not only is that stuff moreexpensive that most would expect but, as in your case, you generally cannot get smaller quantities. However, at $.75 pewr glass for the 200 order is pretty cheap! If you were to find a place that will do custom work it will be much more expensive per glass.

IDEA:

Depending on the size of your local high school their art department may do etching, sand blasting on glass. If you provided the glasses (with extras) you may be able to hire the student/school to create the design and etch the glass. Check with you local school/art instructor and see what they think.

Let us know what you find out. Good Luck and have a good trip. :thumbs:

There are many different kinds of glasses.... what are you looking for... Plastic.... Mugs..... Glass.... Styro.... Size.... The $150 for 200 is cheap.... thats .75 cents a glass.

Need more info as to what you want and how soon you need it.

There is an alternative to plastic mugs, if you are willing to do them yourself. Buy 20 plain porcelain mugs, then make your design on the computer (using MS Picture It or some other progam). You can print the design on a "decal" transfer (try hobby stores), just soak it and place on the mug.

I saw it on a craft show on HGTV. I've never used it, but it looked pretty easy. I print designs on iron on t shirt transfers and they always turn out great.

LOL... Things Remembered is the biggest ripoff.... unless you're into overpaying for cheap chit...LOL

I found plastic stadium glasses that you can buy in quanities of 50. 16oz @ $1.30 each or 22oz @ $1.50 each. ($65 or $75) Price include printing your logo or design, or their stock design, and up to 100 characters of typesetting in your choice of imprint color on one side.

You can check em out:
Here! If you need any help let me know as they are a local company to me.

Basically, we are on a National Park, so glass is out of the question!! Middle of july is when we would need them!

Maybe if I just took a swiss army knife and carved it myself...probably not a good idea.

That last link isnt too bad, that would be about $8 a person for 2 glasses...not bad.

My SO is really into things remembered, all I could think of off the top of my head.

If your camping group is by any chance called CigarPass, you could probably just spring for for full 200 and not worry. You could sell the rest elsewhere.

mhortsch said:
Basically, we are on a National Park, so glass is out of the question!! Middle of july is when we would need them!

Maybe if I just took a swiss army knife and carved it myself...probably not a good idea.

That last link isnt too bad, that would be about $8 a person for 2 glasses...not bad.
[snapback]188016[/snapback]​

If you want to do them yourself, I think the home printed decals would proably work on plastic too.. they use decals on model planes etc. Just a thought ..