• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

VIaje Fifty Fifty - Black Label

c1garfan

Viaje Fifty Fifty - Black Label

No. 1

5 5/8" X 46

Brethren,

I'll start by letting you digest the cigars description taken from NHC:

Fifty| Fifty is a special project that took a great deal of time to perfect. The idea behind the cigar is to offer the ability to enjoy two different flavor profiles while smoking the same cigar. Fifty | Fifty's components are a closely-guarded secret, but two distinct blends were formulated to make up the cigar. Joining the two blends was a challenge that was difficult to perfect. Each cigar is carefully crafted taking triple the amount of time a cigar cigar takes to roll. The cigar comes wrapped in a dark, oily Nicaraguan cover leaf with two binders holding the filler in place. Fifty | Fifty starts out as a rich medium bodied cigar before transitioning into a bold, full-bodied smoke. This is a first for the industry we know you will enjoy.

After reading this my first thoughts were, "That sounds pretty interesting. Time to go and get a few of these". Im fortunate that my local B & M is a preferred Viaje account, so they always have their lines in stock. I was told that the cigar contained 2 separate fillers within the wrapper and binder. That at the half way point the cigar would begin to burn into the next cigar. Needless to say I flew home to try this thing.

The cigar has a dark wrapper that was smooth to the touch with noticeable oils present. The cigar came double banded with a triple cap and a head that is similar to a Trinidad Fundadores. The cigar had a solid pack and a good weight in the hand. I punched the cap and lit the foot.

Wehooooooooo! Full flavored smoke off the bat. This thing gets going quickly. Im loving the cappuccino, coffee, nutty flavors coming off this thing. All I can say is VIVA NICARAGUA. On a side note, I think Nicaragua is producing some of the best tobacco out there at present.

About 40% - 50% into the cigar, BOOOOM! This thing just switched gears going from medium to full body. It was as if you had switched the cigar in my hand without me knowing. There was still the underlying flavor of the initial cigar, but new, more full bodied smoke began coming through. I took a pic when the flavors started changing. It may be hard to see in the photo, but the ash started burning a different color and texture. The flavors are now much stronger and more full bodied. I'm getting a leathery espresso flavor with a sweetness I can't put my finger on. What a trip. Needles to say the cigar gave a nice nicotine buzz by the end. All I can say is WOW! Time to try the No.3!

gallery_7858_905_26658.jpg

gallery_7858_905_27320.jpg

gallery_7858_905_11536.jpg

gallery_7858_905_20222.jpg

gallery_7858_905_18833.jpg

gallery_7858_905_26057.jpg

gallery_7858_905_10563.jpg

gallery_7858_905_37190.jpg

Nice review and yep these cigars are very tasty. We have almost sold out of the first shipment, it will be a couple of weeks before the next shipment arrives. Our local customers love them.

I got a couple today and can't wait to try one!
biggrin.gif

Had my first yesterday afternoon sitting by the water. Very enjoyable cigar. I'll be shopping for more of these puppies.

I smoked one of these the other night and WOW it knocked me on my ass. The power sneaks up on ya ;)

Very tasty smoke though!

I was lucky enough to get some of these from Mark at Tower Cigar and just burnt one. This was a very dark colored stick and I agree with the fact that it was oily. I found the construction to be excellent. This cigar does start off with a boom. I also picked up coffee notes and some nutty undertones. Had one very minor burn issue which quickly corrected itself. At just over the 1/2 mark this stick really packed a punch. It had some deep tobacco flavor with some tangy citrus notes. It packed some pepper notes and was very full bodies. This cigar is said to be medium then going into full bodied. I found it more strong medium to very full bodied(maybe some age will change that). In my opinion Viaje has hit a homerun with this cigar. It quickly jumped into my top 10 favorite smokes. :thumbs: