• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viaje Platino Lancero, 7.5 X 38

I got this was a gift from Charley. :thumbs:

I had to do a little search, as I had not heard of these before.

Chocolate brown wrapper, smooth, and only a few veins. Feels solid, but no too hard, when squeexed. Pre-light draw is perfect, with a taste of barn-yard and natural tobacco.

Post-light brought on medium bodied floral notes, more peppery spice than I anticipated, and a combination of cocoa and leather. Lots of thick smoke. As the smoke progressed, I picked up more earthy notes and a hint of sweetness that was fleeting and hard to pin down. The strength also seemed to kick up a notch, as did the liquid tar bubbling out the head. Last two images show that progression.

For the most part, the burn was good. The flaky medium to dark grey ash did not hang on long (never longer than two inches), and at one point the burn took of on one side...but later corrected itself.

Overall, an enjoyable smoke. This is not the size I gravitate toward, but will be looking for more new ones to try out in this size-range after this experience. Thanks Charley!

img0014azq.jpg

img0010ggd.jpg

img0019hnr.jpg

img0020r.jpg

img0026ggs.jpg

img0034xwt.jpg

img0037xoo.jpg

img0027jkv.jpg

img0036wus.jpg