• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vick gets 23months. DAMN!

jeht2000

bodybuilder for life
Michael Vick was sentenced today to 23 months fed time. I wonder if the NFL will think that is enough punishment and not add on their own penalty? Either way, Vick will have a looong and hard road to get back to where he was. Damn!

edit to add: I think the state charges will be dismissed. I think. Hope he doesn't smoke any more mary j

I got no sympathy for the bastid. He deserves everything he gets. Abusing dogs, I hope they throw him in with a bunch of father rapers.

Doc.

Why does it take us so many years to get it?

When we are young we do things without thinking which can and usually does, change our lives dramatically.

Here's a guy that had it all. Why didn't he realize that he is high profile. I hope for his sake, the NFL and the fans can look past this and he
can pick up the pieces, it's no going t be easy.

Brian

because you give people that never had anything, nor the skills passed down from parents on HOW to have anything, and then give them everything.

its like starving a tame dog. When you let him loose on the chicken coop, he's gonna kill every chicken in it.

you see it in every sport, celebrity, rock star, actor, etc from every walk of life. most people in this world just don't have any damn sense.

Personally, I hope he gets shanked while he's doing his time. And I hope he serves every second of it, short as it is. He's an animal and should've gotten a few more years. :angry:

I agree... I think the sentence was a bit on the lenient(sp?) side. He should have got more for his actions.

Hopefuly that 23 months are served in solitary. He shouldn't even get to see the light of day.

All the bad stuff gets pushed under the carpet and covered up because these kids are making people rich! They say the management and ownership in Atlanta looked the other way for a long time! Shame on all of them!

I think the jury was a little biased:

mikevickjuryra3.jpg

he pissed the judge off by lying (his role in the dog deaths and not smoking dope), so the judge broke it off in him. Sounds like he made matters worse by being a dick.

I think what Vick did was rotten, but if you think about what this mistake has cost him, he has paid for it dearly for it with the loss of his dream job, all of his endorsement contracts, and having to pay back all of the millions of dollars in bonus money. His agent and manager should have done their jobs and controlled his actions better.

All of that is ok with me; I don't care to ever see him grace another foolball field.

Ken

I feel sorry for the Atlanta Falcon fans. First they draft one of the greatest Q.B's in history, a sure Hall of Fame QB, only to trade him to Green Bay (Thanks by the way!); then they draft what they thought was their franchise savior only to have him rip the team into pieces.

When Vick gets out in the spring of 09, he still faces NFL sanctions which can be another year... so you're looking at 2010 as the earliest he can come back. He wasn't that great of a QB as it was, but with being out of the game for 3 years? At best he'll be a 3rd wide out, maybe a return guy.

Magg, I think that if Vick had of gotten a year then the league would have given him another year fine/suspension. But with him not getting out until late 09' I don't believe they will tack on anything else. When he gets released he will still be out for the 09' season and that will make three years. That would be a VERY hard come back for a QB on the pro level. Especially considering the fact that he is not a pure QB. By the time he is done with this, there is no doubt that he will have learned his lesson.

Somebody eluded to this early in this thread but I don't think the guy has the mental make-up to learn his lesson. When he was in the lime-light he thought he was a great QB when the world knew he wasn't very good at it. He thought, every step of the way, that he could lie about his actions, and even up until a few days ago was still lying about his actions. He doesn't have the tools to see the light and learn his lesson.

When he gets out he will probably demand a starting QB job making top money!

vick will never play in the NFL again. He will be away from the game too long, was not that great a player, and no one will sign him and the circus that will follow. I have NO sympathy for him or any one associated with him. Hope he likes it "doggy style".

Michael Vick received 23 months for his actions. How do you think any one of us regular joes would receive for the same actions? I would bet the farm it would be a far cry from 23 months. More like the maximum 5 years. After I ask myself that question, I don't feel bad for him. I consider him lucky.

Vick will be out before his 30th birthday. Considering his talent and the leagues tendecy for forgiveness, he will be back. My guess is as a WR, RB... probably not QB. He will make more money in his first year back in the NFL than I will in my entire life. I'm not losing sleep over poor Michael Vick.

Vick will be back in the NFL, some team will take a chance on him, look at Ricky Williams. In fact the Dolphins will hire him if they haven't won a game yet, 0-32 will make you do some crazy things. ???