• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

VINOTEMP ADVICE

LAWDOG

I'm off to get look at vinotemps and would like some advice other then what I have researched here what recommendations would you have now that you have yours set up would you have changed if you could of. I'm thinking of getting a 24 bottle. What are the downside of the cooler if any?

Thanks Gil

I'm off to get look at vinotemps and would like some advice other then what I have researched here what recommendations would you have now that you have yours set up would you have changed if you could of. I'm thinking of getting a 24 bottle. What are the downside of the cooler if any?

Thanks Gil

You know from what i've read cooling and humidification are the 2 biggest things. Make sure you get enough beads or kittly litter. if you use the kitty litter make sure you don't get anything with scented beads. If you are going to use beads be sure you have enough, actually more is better. There is a member here by the name of Viper that sells Heartfelt beads so you can send a PM to him. I just got some ConservaGel beads which seem to be working well so far. As far as cooling, I've read posts about the top and bottom half not having the same temp. Finally don't forget to make sure your drain is plugged. Overall everyone seems to be happy with their Veno's and so am I but, I have the 100 stick Venotemp humidor.

The only thing I'd recommend is checking out the units available from Compact Appliance before pulling the trigger on a Vino. I admit that my buddy's Vino is higher quality than my EdgeStar, but when push comes to shove...they're both doing the exact same thing. 28 Bottle shipped for less than $200.

The only thing I'd recommend is checking out the units available from Compact Appliance before pulling the trigger on a Vino. I admit that my buddy's Vino is higher quality than my EdgeStar, but when push comes to shove...they're both doing the exact same thing. 28 Bottle shipped for less than $200.

Wow ,Thanks for the tip, I will consider this option!

My 28 bottle thermoelectric Vino is terrific.

There isn't 5 cu. ft. so the bead website says
less than a pound of beads. But, I use 1.25#
of beads, plus a tube of beads (1 or 2 oz.) in
each drawer. It recovers rh well after opening.

It runs so quietly that I keep it as a nightstand,
and it holds humidity very well. I check the rh
about once per week, and add water as needed. The
highest temp setting is 67 degrees, and that's where
I keep it.

One small problem is that a power hit resets the
temp to 55 degrees, so if there are thunderstorms
I sometimes come home from work and the temp defaulted
to 55 when the power came back up. I just reset to 67
degrees ASAP, and all is well. I run mine off of a
power strip with lightening clamp, but if the power
actually goes out the temp resets to 55.

My VT28TEDS is the best investment I ever made for my
cigars! Holds 7 or 8 boxes below, with 2 drawers and
a shelf for beads up top. Each drawer holds 4-5 boxes,
sans box. I haven't counted total cigars, but I estimate
about 400. I got 2 of ChasDen's double high drawers
from cigarasylum.com cigar message board.

GL and enjoy!

Chemyst :cool:

Yeah, what Chemyst said. I only have to plug in my vino in the summer for a couple months. It's in my basement.

I can't believe how easy and hassle-free it is to store cigars in it. Heartfelt beads hold perfect humidity.

Sure, there are other perfectly acceptable and great ways to store your stash but the vino works for me.

Good luck!
:thumbs:

I purchased my first 100 ct. humidor about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I brought up the idea of the 28 bottle Vinotemp to my wife, which resulted in a laugh :D Good luck with your search LD!

I just ordered a edgestar from here

http://www.idealwinecoolers.com/product/TWR282S_EdgeStar-Black-28-Bottle-Silver-Trim-Thermoelectric-Wine-Cooler

They shipped direct from the manufacturer and it was free shipping and it was packed great. Arrived in a larger box which had styrafoam to protect the actual wine cooler box inside. They also have 28 bottle vinotemp for 315 right now.

I was also looking on craigslist for one cheaper but couldnt find anything large enough. One thing of note the esdgestar does not have a digital thermometer.

I just ordered a edgestar from here

http://www.idealwinecoolers.com/product/TWR282S_EdgeStar-Black-28-Bottle-Silver-Trim-Thermoelectric-Wine-Cooler

They shipped direct from the manufacturer and it was free shipping and it was packed great. Arrived in a larger box which had styrafoam to protect the actual wine cooler box inside. They also have 28 bottle vinotemp for 315 right now.

I was also looking on craigslist for one cheaper but couldnt find anything large enough. One thing of note the esdgestar does not have a digital thermometer.

Stewshi, if ya don't mind, post some pics of your humi when you have it setup, I think it would cool to see.