• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vinotemp Dispenser - any experience?

theorangeman

Does anyone having any experience using the Vinotemp 2 or 4 bottle wine dispenser? I am looking at the following:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O7CF5O/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_g79_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=17DJK8MAH9Y0YWRZYSFA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

From my days back in Sonoma, I miss having a very good glass of wine. The problem is that too often, I spend 20+ bucks on a bottle and because I'm the only one drinking it (my wife likes cheap, sweet white wine), I don't finish it because the next night I may not feel like wine but beer instead. Therefore, anymore, I end up buying less wine and when I do, I have a hard time justifying a good bottle because of what I just described.

So... if I could purchase a couple of bottles (or if I got the 4 bottle dispenser, more) and have great wine on hand that I could store for a couple of weeks, fresh. That would be awesome and worth the expense of this unit, IF, and I'll say IF again, it works well. Any thoughts, suggestions, comments?

There is an upscale wine bar that the wife and I go to a couple times a year and they use this system, granted it is a little bigger 12 bottles if memory serves but, it is the same thing.

They serve a wide arrange of expensive glasses from these bottles. I have had a few glasses dispensed out of this system and the juice was always perfect. Now this is a wine bar so who knows how long they are really sitting around between glasses but, it did seem to work pretty well.

Not knowing too much it appears to be similar to the Private Preserve systerm where you can buy the can for @ &10 and spray the nitrogen and re-cork. I use this method frequently (Pregnant wife) and have had success. I use the preserve and put the bottle in the fridge and it usually keeps pretty good for at least 7-10 days. you may even have success beyond this but, I usually try to finish open bottles in this time.

This might be a cheaper alternative.

Appreciate the info. I know this sucker is expensive, but I love the idea of being able to keep 4 bottles on hand and fresh for weeks - not that it would take me that long to finish them. :)

This kind of system would help me justify spending more occasionally on a REAL good bottle of wine because I could theoretically milk it for a period of time since it would remain good rather than knowing I need to finish it in a couple of days.