• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vintage Coleman

@moverjason

Yesterday my vintage (old) Coleman cooler arrived. It's sitting in my office waiting for me to turn it into a humidor. Anyone have a good source of Spanish Cedar for shelves?

gallery_10632_1231_20106.jpg

This may help with the picture thing:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...E=01&HID=17

You need to upload your photos to CP or another picture/web host and then post the image URL in your post.

if your using beads and have enough cigar boxes for 'aroma', then you need not use spanish cedar for the selves.

As far as buying spanish cedar...
The best price I've seen online so far is at woodworkerssource.com.

I would call your local lumber suppliers to get quotes also.

if your using beads and have enough cigar boxes for 'aroma', then you need not use spanish cedar for the selves.

Very sound advice he gave you moverjason.

A waste of money as lining with Spanish Cedar will not increase the aroma or have any added effect.

That and you will always be able to use the cooler for it's intended purpose should you ever build that walk in humidor............Never say never!

Spanish cedar or not, I need to make two or three shelves out of something. Anything wrong with using a different kind of wood? I'm thinking birch plywood. I want it to look fairly nice.

Here's a picture of the inside, by the way.

Jason

Spanish cedar or not, I need to make two or three shelves out of something. Anything wrong with using a different kind of wood? I'm thinking birch plywood. I want it to look fairly nice.

Here's a picture of the inside, by the way.

Jason

Don't use birch ply. I think, but am pretty sure they use formaldehyde in it's production, and there's the glue and it's instability in humid enviroments.

Doc.