• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Virgin Sun Grown

Captain Leafheart

Aroused member (still)
Smoked an Ashton Virgin Sun Grown last week and a Quisqueyana (NYC hand rolled DR brand)Sun Grown today and while the Ashton VSG was better, they both had a flavor I think is sort of..."vegetal"?
Anyone else have a similar take on "sun grown"?

I'll let ya know what I think when I finally pull the trigger on the one and only VSG I have sitting in the humi. The damn things here in HNL cost upwards of 25.00 a piece, and I only have one by way of Birthday present. Paying that much above retail makes me feel like I am getting bent over forwards at the hips, so I don't see anymore in my immediate future.

When you say veggish, do you mean grassyish? Or maybe toasty? I will keep that in mind when I smoke mine.

Kind of like a "sweetness" on the back of my pallet, not sugary sweet, not "toasty. Maybe "grassy". It just hit me as kind of "green leafy".
Enjoy that VSG!

Smoked an Ashton VSG Sorcerer last night. I typically describe the VSGs as leathery and woody. I suppose one could classify woody as vegetal. The Ashton VSG had a great smokey wood flavor that had hints of the aforementioned leather. There was also an earthiness to the smoke and cedar on the back end.

Each draw gives you a little citrus tease, followed by a little nibble from a chili pepper, leaving you with a slightly musty/nutty taste in your mouth. A few minutes after a puff, your mouth tastes sweetly pleasant, with the slight tingling sensation that you get after eating spicy food

i tasted citris in a fake cohiba robusto i smoked last night. i thought that was weird. i had never noticed that in any cigar before. definitely didn't in the VSGs

I would describe the taste as sweet and spicy, kind of like some thai food, like the kind with lots of basil and brown sauce.