• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

...Visitor ....the rest of the story

Thanks for sharing these...a couple are candidates for my new wallpaper. Very, very cool. My inner dork is giggling like a schoolgirl.

Trey

Thanks for sharing these...a couple are candidates for my new wallpaper. Very, very cool. My inner dork is giggling like a schoolgirl.

Trey

lol.... the F16D silhouette is my new wallpaper for now.

Cool pictures. They had it here yesterday, it took off from Fort Worth at around 11am yesterday morning.

Trey

lol.... the F16D silhouette is my new wallpaper for now.

Isn't the F16 a single seater? I know they build a few two seat versions to use as trainers. Is this one of them? Could it be an FA18?

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing

Isn't the F16 a single seater? I know they build a few two seat versions to use as trainers. Is this one of them? Could it be an FA18?

The answer to your question is yes.

The typical operational F16 is indeed a single seater however the F16D model is dual seat for training purposes.

You are correct though that the one in the photo is an F/A-18 as NASA uses the F/A 18 as its primary chase plane.

Edwards has quite a few F16D's on-hand as well for the Test Pilot School and Test Operations but the F16D has a flatter profile to the canopy.

Thanks for catching that. :thumbs:

Now --- what does one have to do to get a ride in one of those? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have always been kind of a airplane nut. Don't know how, but one of these days ---- :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the great pictures.

Man, that seems like a really weird way to transport the shuttle, LOL. it seems like the plane would tip over or something, but im sure they know what theyre doing.

The answer to your question is yes.

The typical operational F16 is indeed a single seater however the F16D model is dual seat for training purposes.

You are correct though that the one in the photo is an F/A-18 as NASA uses the F/A 18 as its primary chase plane.

Edwards has quite a few F16D's on-hand as well for the Test Pilot School and Test Operations but the F16D has a flatter profile to the canopy.

Thanks for catching that. :thumbs:

correct. and the F-16 only has 1 tail fin, and 1 engine

Awesome pics. That flew through Ft. Campbell the last time, but we didn't hear about it until it had already landed and taken off. It was in the papers the next day. :)