• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vodka suggestions please

wk-mang

The "Salty Nuts" Dude
HELP! I'm not a big spirits drinker but of late I've been trying to clean out my liquor closet. I've been drinking some whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon and actually I'm getting the taste for them. I found a bottle of Stoli in there and threw it in the freezer.... made myself a 3 olive martini and I must say that this Stoli isn't as smooth as I had hoped it would be. This is the regular Stoli... Orange label.

Anyone have a better suggestion for a smoother, tastier vodka? Thanks for your help Bruddahs!

Aloha,

Wade

There is a Stoli Gold out that I find better then the regular version. For real potato vodka Luksusowa or Teton Glacier are good. Otherwise, I like Vox and the vodka I brought back with me from my last trip to Russia.

I second the Teton Glacier and Grey Goose. Another excellent Vodka is Blue Ice. It's a genuine potato vodka like the Teton made in Rigby, Idaho :thumbs:

Fast4Dr said:
Grey Goose :D
Wade, this is the ONLY vodka to drink.

I HATE vodka (not a tini fan) but if I do drink vodka this is it!

I have also heard good things about kettle one but I think it's YUCK!!

Go with Grey Goose Bruddah!!!!

I'm not into vodka personally...but I do know a professional vodka lover...and she says:

Stolichnaya Cristall Vodka

Beast I totally agree, that's what I brought back from Russia with me

Thanks Bruddahs! I have tried the frozen Stoli Cristall before and it definitely is a step up from the regular Stoli. I think I'll give the Grey Goose a try... thanks!

Of all the bottles I've been going through I've really been enjoying my Single Malts, Bourbons and Rums. I have a lot of bottles of liquor but I've been collecting them more for entertaining than for consumption. I've always felt that liquor overpowered my cigars and I didn't care for the "heat" on the finish. But... I've come to realize that I just needed to get conditioned to the heat and not it's not that bad and I'm really starting to enjoy the different flavors that these liquors have. I'm even enjoying them with my cigars. I just had a couple of fingers of The Balvenie 12 Double Wood with a Monte No. 4 the other night... delicious!

I think I'm heading down a dangerous path.... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

I have to second the Grey Goose and SKYY.

I beleive the SKYY is marketed as triple distilled, so you don't get as much of a hangover from it.

I really like Grey Goose It's the best that I have found.

Grey_Goose.jpg

Wade, vodka drinker here. The Stoli Cristal is a good "shooting" vodka, followed by a sweet pickle chaser :). I brought a few bottles of it back from Moscow. But, for martinis, I like to use Ketel One or Grey Goose. There are a few others out there that strike my fancy, but, it depends on the drink. Absolut is often thought of as over-hyped, but the Absolut Citron is one of my favorites for making screwdrivers or a Vodka/soda, with a twist.

Grey Goose is good... but so is Ciroc, Tito's (that may be more of a regional brand), and Polar Ice. The latter is a surprise, I picked up just wanting to try something new. It's actually VERY good. Frankly, I'd take the 3 I listed far before I'd take Grey Goose. However, GG is my gf's choice of vodka, so... :D

I really love Absolut. I can drink a boatload and not feel hungover the next day. :thumbs: I'll add my endorsement of Grey Goose as well.