• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vodka

57Strat

Very nice Vodka in my opinion.

And it is more enjoyable every time I fill up the glass... ;)

They recently started to bring this into PA. It was only available in California for awhile but there must be a market for a $60 vodka. I'm not sure if it is much if any better then Stoli Crystall but it is a cool bottle.

In my opinion it is smoother than Stoli.

I am no expert on Vodka by any means, so please do not go out and buy this and send me a PM telling me that this is swill... :D

Have you tried the Elit vodka? Same price range and for me the same thoughts as above. If you like different vodka then try Belvedere (100% rye) for a change. It has a nice bit to it IMO. Also, the Stoli Gold is replacing Cristall and is smoother....sometimes it will go down like water if you drink it really cold. :0 I like a bit of pepperiness in my vodka so the ultra smooth ones are overkill for me YMMV. If you do like the smooth ones then Kremlyovskaya is a good one to try too.

Stoli Elit and Ultimat cost more than I would ever pay for a bottle of vodka.

Stoli Gold and Cristall are both good - very very similar vodkas, which is no suprise since Cristall was formerly Stoli Cristall.

I agree with AVB that Belvedere is nice. It is one of my favorites, but I don't usually buy it due to cost. Another good 100% rye vodka is Turi.

As of late, I've been drinking mostly Kutskova (since I can get it as low as $10 in Baltimore) but my favorite is still Pearl. Leave it to the Canadians to make a damn good vodka. A few others I like alot are Van Hoo, Van Gogh, and Tito's.

I am so into Sky & rain.
I guess I am just gheetto :(

Have any of you tried Zubrowka bison vodka? Its bottled in Poland and has a few strands of Bison grass added in each bottle. This gives the vodka a greenish tint and a very pleasant taste. My Mother-in-Law is originally from a part of Germany that is now Poland (Stargard, Pommern, Prussia) and she brings me a bottle back every time she goes visit her remaining relatives. Its in no way a high end vodka, but its a nice change from the norm.

And the only Vodka I have in my bar ATM is Boru from Ireland.

Cheekie said:
I am so into Sky & rain.
I guess I am just gheetto :(
[snapback]255159[/snapback]​

I don't like Skyy at all, but Rain is pretty good, and it's usually inexpensive. It's been awhile since I've had it. Maybe I'll have to pick up a bottle next time I see it on sale for like $12.

Wurm said:
And the only Vodka I have in my bar ATM is Boru from Ireland.
[snapback]255160[/snapback]​

I've heard good and bad about Boru. How do you like it, and are there any vodkas you would compare it to (if you tell me its like Absolut then I wouldn't touch it with your palate)?

I'm not a big fan of Absolut either

Boru is extremely smooth and goes down like water if its ice cold, but I dont drink straight vodka very often, I use it in mixed drinks.

Everyones tastes are different, so I can not say you'd like it. But IMO it tastes nothing like Absolut. Its not very expensive, so I'd say give it a try, if you don't like it you can always make some homeless guy very happy with it.

Never tried Elit.

Belvedere was my personal favorite until I enjoyed the Ultimat. Also like Grey Goose and Kettle One.

I will have to try some of the others recommended on this thread, thanks.

alexgtp said:
How does level Vodka compare?
[snapback]255822[/snapback]​

I think Level is a pretty good vodka, but there are others I like more that are cheaper, so I never buy it.

I really like 3 olives vokda - reasonably priced and oh soo smooth - Pearl is also very enjoyable - I DO NOT like the taste of SKY - ABSOLUT or STOLI - I really like Grey Goose, I just hate supporting the French -

All good vokda should be sipped on ice - never really understood why someone will order a expensive vodka with a mixer such as cranberry or tonic - whenever I am around someone who orders top shelf vodka with a mixer I immediately think they don't really know their vodka's. Making my mouth water just thinking about it - :D

cookie_1978 said:
I really like 3 olives vokda - reasonably priced and oh soo smooth - Pearl is also very enjoyable - I DO NOT like the taste of SKY - ABSOLUT or STOLI - I really like Grey Goose, I just hate supporting the French -

All good vokda should be sipped on ice - never really understood why someone will order a expensive vodka with a mixer such as cranberry or tonic - whenever I am around someone who orders top shelf vodka with a mixer I immediately think they don't really know their vodka's.  Making my mouth water just thinking about it -  :D
[snapback]255901[/snapback]​

Three Olives is another I haven't gotten around to trying yet.

And I agere with you about mixing - some of my friends swear they can tell the difference between vodka tonics or vodka & cranberry made with Stoli instead of Grey Goose. There is no way I could tell the difference between those 2 in a mixed drink - a martini yes, but not a mixed drink. And there are multiple other vodkas even cheaper than Stoli that wouldn't be any different to me in a mixed drink that Grey Goose.

I just shake my head. If they want to spend $25+ on vodka just to mix it when there are plenty of others 1/2 the price that, IMO, make equivalent mixed drinks - well it isn't my money.

It just goes to show the power of marketing...

cookie_1978 said:

All good vokda should be sipped on ice - never really understood why someone will order a expensive vodka with a mixer such as cranberry or tonic - whenever I am around someone who orders top shelf vodka with a mixer I immediately think they don't really know their vodka's. Making my mouth water just thinking about it - :D
[snapback]255901[/snapback]​

Having tended a country club bar for 3 years, I can tell you that there are a certain number of grievances and annoyances that have irked me for some time, but none greater than this! I WILL NOT make a Grey Goose apple martini. I WILL NOT make a Grey Goose cosmo (doesnt even make any freakin sense NO LEMON FLAVOR!) and I BEGRUDGINGLY serve single malts over ice (it is a country club and they do own you :rolleyes: )

I recently had the opportunity to try Tito's VOdka. Damn. REALLY good stuff. And for the price, there is ZERO comparison within 100% price variance, IMHO.
I am also a big fan of Grey Goose in a Martini, or Hangar One (straight, none of the flavors) just served very cold, or in a martini.
But really, do yourselves a favor, if you haven't...try tito's...you might make a switch! http://www.titos-vodka.com/

White Tavern is pretty good. Can't beat $12 a handle. :sign:
Best with Gatorade (blue) :love:

Belvedere is the best I've ever had, my over all fav is Smirnoff.