• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Volkswagen Forum recommend

badwhale

Can anyone give me a good VW forum recommend?  Wifey's is playing hell.

FWIW, it's a 2004 Passat 1.8T

Thanks.

www.dodgeforum.com worked for me after I got rid of my piece of shit '04 Jetta GLI and bought a Dodge Ram.  :D

Loved driving the car with the VR6 and 6-speed, but it was honestly the biggest POS I've ever owned, and the VW dealership/maintenance network stateside has soured me to the brand.  

Sorry I couldn't help. :p  I can't let a chance to slam VW pass without being grasped, however.  Good luck with your car.  Oh, and when the redesigned the Mk V models to look like Toyota Corollas, that pretty much nailed that coffin shut.

I think www.vdub.net was a big one when I still had my car.  

We almost leased a Passat this fall but ultimately decided upon the Camry.  We decided VW owners were simply too Bitter. :D

VWVortex.com, you should get all your answers there.

I know you asked for a VW forum, but I personally hate the Vortex.

I'd go with Audizine or Audiworld. Same chassis, same motors, different people and different attitudes.

Audi_kraut said:
I know you asked for a VW forum, but I personally hate the Vortex.

I'd go with Audizine or Audiworld. Same chassis, same motors, different people and different attitudes.
Qft,

Disclosure: I'm a member of both.

I'll check them out, and I have lurked on Audi forums before...  I am seeing a trend for the vortex forum.

Bitter VW owners?!?!?!?!  possible. :whistling:

ETA: Thanks all for the input!

tone-ny said:
VWVortex.com, you should get all your answers there.

Shit, that was the one I was trying to think of.  Vortex.

I'm not bitter, I'm just right.

And a little bitter...

For the TDI diesel owners out there, the TDIclub is the best, IMHO.

Love my '05 Jetta TDI....40+ mpg, 158K, so far, so good.  I'm good about regular maintenance, and it's been a solid commuter car.

MoeCizlak said:
We almost leased a Passat this fall but ultimately decided upon the Camry.  We decided VW owners were simply too Bitter. :D
LMAO

tomthirtysix said:
Don't fret, Will... sticky bun come soon.
You got me.  I had to cut and paste that into google to see what was being talked about. :blush: 

I think it needs new VW factory half shafts.  I'm convinced now that it is a tolerance issue.

There's two boxes of Padron '26 #9s & a box of VSG beli's for labor. :(

You going dealer with the repair? If so I'd find a shop that specializes in VWs, may save you enough for a box of El Productos!

No, it's not the dealer, however the fix absolutely will require VW factory half shafts.  The labor is relatively meaningless.

I'm really batting zero at taking people literally here, aren't I?

Just a follow-up on this, if anyone was interested...

The halfshafts were replaced with new VW units. The tone ring from reman to OEM micrometered at 80thousands different.

We were able to get the car to "act up" on command at certain speeds. When the new units were installed, we were not able to make that happen.

Wifey reports that the car has been running good since the work.