• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vote on Tuesday

While the importance of the Presidential election speaks for itself, I will be very interested to see how many incumbents in the House and Senate get re-elected. With an overall approval rating hovering in the low teens, I will be intrigued to see just how upset some voters are or how complacent they really are. I, myself, will not be voting for any incumbent. I think it's time for a new batch regardless of who takes the Presidency.

Isn't it a truism that Americans hate congress, but love their congressman? :) As for me, Canada had their election a few weeks ago. My wife and I lived in one of the safest Liberal (Canada's center/moderate party) ridings in the country, Vancouver Quadra, and we have to vote in the last riding in which we lived. Not much we can do there.

PA looks like it is going to Obama, but you never know how it will turn out. I will definitely vote as my voting location is right next to my house.

You should stand out side and hand out cigars with ribbons to vote for your party :)

~ t

I early voted last week but am volunteering at the nearby voting center tomorrow. It's not much, but I'm excited to be a part of the process.

Im voting. Im hoping IL someday will vote correctly! (Well IL does vote correctly just not a certain densely populated county)

We don't answer the landline after 5 (wife uses it for work). I'm getting tired of door knockers too.

I had to vote early because the county in their infinite wisdom decided to change my registration status to inactive. Only way to not be stuck with using a provisional ballot on election day was to go to the county "elections center" and prove I really exist, and then was able to vote on the spot (apparently my status was changed to inactive because something from the county elections dept was returned as undeliverable). Despite long lines you could really tell everyone was excited to be voting and no one was bitching/complaining. I had never experienced that before, and it was really cool to see that.

I had to vote early because the county in their infinite wisdom decided to change my registration status to inactive. Only way to not be stuck with using a provisional ballot on election day was to go to the county "elections center" and prove I really exist, and then was able to vote on the spot (apparently my status was changed to inactive because something from the county elections dept was returned as undeliverable). Despite long lines you could really tell everyone was excited to be voting and no one was bitching/complaining. I had never experienced that before, and it was really cool to see that.

Wonder if I can smoke and drink while I wait in line. Sort of like we did for Dark Lord days..LOL!! :thumbs:

Wonder if I can smoke and drink while I wait in line. Sort of like we did for Dark Lord days..LOL!! :thumbs:

Who is down for a HERF??? :whistling:

The only other contest on the ballot is for local Registrar of Voters and I'm on the ballot but I automatically win because we both get elected. :rolleyes: At least I can't lose, LOL! :laugh:
When did they start letting Canadians hold office in the US?

I like to vote on election day, after the early crowd and before the lunch crowd. Like it's been said before, vote or shut up. :laugh: :thumbs:

Who is down for a HERF??? :whistling:

I got an email from one of the local B&Ms saying that they'd have hotdogs and wine all day for anyone who wanted to stop by to celebrate the next President. Hotdogs, wine, and cigars?