• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

VSG band's

theHatguy

I picked these up today and the band logo is different.
IMG_0600.jpg

Yes. They recently changed the band to better distinguish the VSG from the regular cabinet selection.

They appeared to have changed them ever so slightly. We have some left over from a previous shipment and a new shipment at the store and they are definitely different.

It looks a lot better. And it took me by surprize. The guy at the B&M didn't even notice the change. LOL

They appeared to have changed them ever so slightly. We have some left over from a previous shipment and a new shipment at the store and they are definitely different.

Yep -- see here: http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-784

So Moki, Did they change all of them or just some of the sizes? At the store only 4 of the 6 they had were changed. And it seems to be the same size that are in your photo.

I'm not Moki, but it's my understanding that they were transitioning...phasing in the new bands as the old ones were used up. eventually they'll all be the new style.

I'm not Moki, but it's my understanding that they were transitioning...phasing in the new bands as the old ones were used up. eventually they'll all be the new style.

Thanks that is what I figured, but wasn't sure.

yep yep

Agreed, the new VSG bands do look better than before. No more "Cabinet" to confuse people. It's bolder; leaves an impact.

Although, when I first heard that Ashton was going to revamp the labels, I was hoping they'd change it to something like the ESG band, which I think are amazing. Oh well...

I like the new bands. Nice design.

Wilkey

They are changing all the bands on all of there lines except the classic line! New bands are coming for HPS and Maduro!

The changes are definately an improvement, nice detail on the crown, and big bold VSG. Good job Ashton. :thumbs:

I like them as well. I think it will also serve as a way to generally date the VSGs. It may not make a difference now, but a few years down the line it certainly will!

I was just looking at all the VSGs yesterday, there are actually THREE variants on the band design...

The oldest one, with "Cabinet", straight across "Ashton" logo, and a very simple crown
A second band, with "Cabinet", the new arched "Ashton", and the new highly detailed crown
The new band, "Cabinet" eliminated, large "VSG", detailed crown.

Just thought I'd share.