• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Was CP affected by the major outage today?

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
I was not able to get on to CP earlier (not even the regular 404 message -- just a white screen with some other text). I just saw on a CNN update that there was a worldwide major internet outage that hosed countless major websites and servers. Was this knocked offline by that, as well? Just curious.

I would think so, my company was impacted too. Our primary servers are hosted by Amazon which manages cloud services for millions of companies, sites etc and their services were impacted.

I would think so, my company was impacted too. Our primary servers are hosted by Amazon which manages cloud services for millions of companies, sites etc and their services were impacted.
Well, I'm just glad the critical websites are back up -- I don't know what I'd do without CigarPass all night.

Didn't notice it here. Worked all day on line, made 8 IP calls, all seemed fine.

Fastly- a cloud backend provider was/is having issues.

It's likely related.

I think this will unfortunately happen more and more, with everything going cloud based.

When doing disaster preparedness reports I used to STRONGLY discourage putting everything in the cloud (all eggs in a fragile basket) but since the whole world is doing it, being the one company that stays up wont do much good.

We're headed for major issues!

We buy software licenses to run software developed by another company, up until recently all the databases were on our local servers/machines. Then the other company started pushing cloud based database hosting, and we were not a fan of not having access should there be some internet hiccup - we are outside of the nearest town and internet isn't always all that great out here. Had to jump through some hoops, but we retained local databases. The Cloud sounds awesome until you realize it's just some servers owned by a company that may or may not even be around a couple of years from now.