• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Watch out for Spoof's

dav1041

Andy Sipowicz
Watch out Guys, I just got a spoof email that looked as real as they can get. The email stated it was from "paypal", the subject was "Receipt for your payment". The email was a receipt confirming payment from my email address to some bogus email address for $121.17 with good detail. This thing looked exactly like an email I have received from paypal for an actual purchase. The only way I could tell it was fake was by logging into my paypal account and verifying there was no funds transfer. At first I thought this was a real receipt!

Of course at the bottom of the email it stated, "If you haven't authorized this charge or if you want to cancel the order, click the link below" with a link that supposedly went to "paypal".

Anyway sent the email off to spoof@paypal.com.

Just watch out this one was Good! :angry2:

Advise the wives and husbands as well, I know my wife would have used the link in the email. :p

I get these quite often "supposedly" from:
Chase Bank
eBay
PayPal

the list goes on.

I get these and the first thing I do is delete them. If I dont know ya, I dont open the email. just report and delete. I love the new scams they are sending ya in the mail in the post card. You've won $1 million. hahaha!!! My latest one is from so called Bank of America. Please update your account. Umm yeah...That isnt my bank. :laugh:

Yep, my wife got one several months ago from what she believed was an email from eBay. She began filling the info out that they were requesting, but once it got to the point where our credit card number was being asked, she knew better. I'm sure they get their share of people though :angry:

You mean the e-mail I just got saying I won the lottery for $14.2 million is legit?? :laugh: :laugh:

I receaved one from pay pal couple weeks ago called them up. The customer service rep explained that pay pal always uses your full name dear such and such not sir or maam. They do this so that it is one way to tell if it is a bogus E-mail or not.

Yep. I get these with regularity and I send em right over to spoof@paypal.com

I've only gotten one that really scared me. It had all the signs, fake URLs etc., but they used my real and full name in the email. I never heard back from PayPal about that one.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
Yep. I get these with regularity and I send em right over to spoof@paypal.com

I've only gotten one that really scared me. It had all the signs, fake URLs etc., but they used my real and full name in the email. I never heard back from PayPal about that one.

Wilkey
[snapback]258128[/snapback]​
I hate PayPal......