• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Watch out for this scam artist guys

mdman

MD Cigars
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up about a guy posting in the Retailers room.
This guy is plainly stealing copyrighted images and marketing right off JR Cigars Website and others. Cigar Emporum is the name, http://www.tarheelcigars.com/ and http://www.scavengers04.com/ are his sites

He only takes paypal for payment which is strange as its against their policy, and when I called him on the use of the images it he does not seem to care.

Myself and others in the small cigar community work very hard on our business's and its not right for others to copy and paste your work and benifit from it.
Below is the thread where I mentioned to him its a bad idea to steal images.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=13821

I thought I would give you guys the FYI so you can decide for yourselves.

Thanks for the heads-up!

what an arrogant a$$... no matter what his prices, I won't be giving him an orders.

thanks for the heads up

LOL.... I just checkied his web site....... man they sux...... kept getting refused connections...... I don't think he'll be selling anything here.... thanks for the heads up

Seeing how this site treats you and his other competitors
can't belive he would treat customers any different

BILL

I saw his reply that you posted and you can tell he's not a nice guy. He can't even reply to your post, he has to answer you with a nasty PM. He's a newbie here and he's hostile. Great way to establish a business on this forum.

As I said on the other thread..... if he'll steal from his competitors he'll steal from you. Great business ethics displayed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing this idiots true colors. :thumbs:

How ironic that his web address has the word scavengers in it.

There are way too many other bigger time vendors out there to deal with that have great prices anyway.

My company has a goal of 100% customer satisfaction, which is apparent if you have ever done business with The Cigar Emporium. While not the biggest online cigar store, yet(without hope man is sparkless), that really isn't the point. Providing quality, economically priced products backed by a true desire to see our customers satisfied, even a little elated now and then, is what keeps our doors open. I at times have spent money over and beyond the profit margin to see to it that a customer realizes satisfaction. The big picture. My customers are and always will be taken care of because 1 happy customer today is worth 10 next year, and so on.

As far as the photos go, the way I do business, and with whom, would explain alot but I don't want to offer any more ammo for your linch mob, nor give away any of my wholesale contacts.

Well, mr Ed Brown..
Using JR's images is not right, even if you buy from Santa Clara.. unless you have permission from them.

Threatening me to say you will use my shop name in your marketing is just plain stupid.

I know many of the cigar manufacturers personally, and many retail shop owners personally and a lot of them are personal friends.

Its a small community..

How can you take items and info right from another site and have the nerve to put your copyright on the bottom of the page like you created it?

Hell,
if you have permission to use those images from Lou or anybody else I wont say another word... just say so. Lets hear it.

No I don't know Lou, but if Lou is someone associated with my wonderful supplier, he should know me. You see I send most(not all) of my business his way.

Honestly, if I must RESHOOT every "dad lem" one of those photos over, then thats how it will be. I already started with the bundle photo in my latest listing which was posted today, im sure youve seen it. I think it looks ok, not as good as Lous, but it will do.

I can't promise all of the photos will come down overnight, but I can promise no new ones will be posted, that the ones there now will be phazed out with original replacements, and that the sister site, tarheelcigars will have all inhouse photos.

geesh

You dont know Lou Rothman? Well, its a wonder as he owns half the brands on your site.

Dont tell me what your going to do, tell Lou, its his stuff you are using.