• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Watch your Credit cards

mmburtch

Sleep deprived and cranky
I just got a call from the fraud dept. about a charge that was attempted. This is my Cigar card. I use it for cigars and click&ship.

The charge was for a direct marketing company called Dive into us! $12,500 That would have hurt.

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear tha tyou had the hassle but it sounds like it was caught in time.

To avoid just this type of the only card I use for online purchases is a Visa that is linked to my second checking account - a check card or ATM really. This special account rarely has more than $300 in it at any one time and usually less than that. If it was ever hijacked over the iternet they would not get much.

- Jason

I also recieved a called from my credit card fraud dept...three charge attempts from a company in New Delhi and one from an Indian militia in New Delhi!

Mine was attempted a few weeks ago...as was a friends.

My card was NOT used for cigars(not in a long time from what I recall).

My CC and bank card automatically goes to the Fraud department if over seas. Unless I call and then I get drilled 20 questions to prove its me. Then the cards have clearance over seas. :thumbs:

Good to know, I'm checking mine now just to be sure. Like you, I have one card that I only use for cigar purchases online.

DANG!!!...that sucks some one would have your numbers like that, they'd have to reach in my pocket to get any loot off me!!

I've never had a credit card......don't plan on it either!!! :whistling:

There appears to be a pattern forming with fraud after purchases made from a few different vendors, all in Switzerland and all apparently shipping from the same warehouse. There a few page thread on it over at ICC, if anybody is interested.