• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Watched Cloverfield for the first time tonight...

TampaSupremo

Hellbent for Glory-land
...man it was so rad I punched myself in the nuts.

Seriously, this is what that lame-ass Godzilla movie from 1998 should have been. A little more monster action would've been good though.

TampaSupremo

I just watched it the other night too. I don't get into monster or horror movies really at all, but I have to admit it was a really cool flick.

D

I would never recomend the movie. It was a cheap dumb movie. JMO.

damn, is isn't what i wanted to hear. I'm into monster or horror movies, but the trailer for this really grabbed my attention, esp. with the suspense they creat by never showing you what it is. Well, I'll still see it, but now my hopes aren't that high.

I try not to go into a new movie with high hopes, or really any hopes. I don't read reviews from critics and/or viewers. I watch the trailer and if it looks interesting I will go see it and decide for myself. There are a lot of movies that I like that the majority of critics/viewers despise, and there are some movies that got awesome ratings that I really don't care for, because I formed my own opinion.

With that said, I loved Cloverfield.

Made me nauseous watching it, but was a decent flick overall.

Same here, but I think it was disappointing.
The commercials for it made it seem like everything will be revealed in the movie, but after watching it, it still left many questions unanswered. It literally only showed what the monster looked like, and didn't reveal anything about it.
I still have no idea why it was there, its purpose, or even it's name.

I hear they are working on sequel, but all I can say is, they aren't going to be luring me in a next time.

I thought it was decent.

The whole camcorder thing worked for me and kept me engaged. The lack of monster development and save the girl is what I didn't like.

The whole Blair witch-sporadic-camera-moving way of shooting makes me sick, literally. Too bad they filmed it like that.

ewww weird. I just watched it for the first time last night as well. I was not impressed. We had to take a break from the movie one time because my girlfriend was getting dizzy.

I don't like movies that don't explain why the hell this is happening. I know this is shot from the POV of a home camera, but they still could have made some kind of explaination. Not, "ok everyone, there's a monster destroying stuff, we gotta head out". If a monster were to appear somewhere I would like to think that people would be asking a lot more questions, not just accept it.

ewww weird. I just watched it for the first time last night as well. I was not impressed. We had to take a break from the movie one time because my girlfriend was getting dizzy.

I don't like movies that don't explain why the hell this is happening. I know this is shot from the POV of a home camera, but they still could have made some kind of explaination. Not, "ok everyone, there's a monster destroying stuff, we gotta head out". If a monster were to appear somewhere I would like to think that people would be asking a lot more questions, not just accept it.

Haha, that's quite the opposite from me

People are frantically running and buildings leveled.....I'm running.... I'll ask questions later when I feel I'm in a safe place.

I really liked it but it took me a few minutes to get my eyes and head adjusted to the moving camera....Blair witch to me was not as bad but there wasn't as much action in that one either...The monster in my opinion rocked as well. Did anyone stay for the after credits thing? Wonder if they will make some sort of sequel to it...

Melly

that was the point it was supposed to be unanswered in the movie. in any major chaos people will run and ask the ?'s later and a camcorder cant answer your questions

i saw it in the theater and i think i was the only one in there that liked it, everyone else was boo'n because they were left with unanswered ?'s

Liked the fact that the initial action was from the mob's point of view, not the military or politician or the star of the movie, it was what i would expect if something nuts like a giant monster would terrorize a major city. I gave it A++++. :thumbs:

The whole Blair witch-sporadic-camera-moving way of shooting makes me sick, literally. Too bad they filmed it like that.

x2. Didn't mind the whole grainy visceral feel for some of the movie. Also didn't mind the complete and total lack of development. If only they would have taken a step back for a moment and not made this a whole deus ex machina type of thing it could have beena great movie. As it stand, medicore, if you like horror or monster movies by all means see it. IF not you not missing a lot.

I liked the fact that nothing about it was really explained. It's one thing when you make a movie where you should establish background or explain the details since it's from a third person omniscient POV, but I think it worked with this because how are these schlubs supposed to just stumble upon the answers. And realistically (ok, as realistic as you can be when there is a 30-story monster involved) I think there would definitely be a "Kill the fuggin' thing, find out what it is after" response. Plus, what do you expect from the producer of "Lost"?

Hey ChefChris, good seein' you're still around here, bro.

TampaSupremo

I tried to watch it in theater but got so sick I got a refund. I finished most of it off on satellite. In both situations I didn't like it. I hated the guy with the camera and if I ever meet him on the streets, I might just have to kick him in the huevos. But this is only IMHO.