• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

We met Jose Padron!

gatorsmg

Here Fishy, Fishy
EDIT: Sorry this is pretty much the same thing Ric just posted..he beat me to it :sign:
Ric and I went on a scouting mission in Little Havana today. For those of you that don't know we're planning a herf in Miami for early Feb. We stopped by the Padron office (less than a mile from my house :D ) first. Ric and I talked to Rudy Padron and he said they would be more than happy to accomodate our group. Then to really make both our days, Jose Padron (the founder and owner) walked in. Being the white boy that I am I could only watch as Ric talked with Mr. Padron :lookup: Time to learn more Spanish. They ended up giving both of us free PAMs (actually I got a maduro and Ric got a natural). The sticks they gave us are actually the seconds they keep around for their personal supply while they're working but who gives a ****...they're still Padron Anniversaries! Needless to say we were both pretty excited to meet THE Jose Padron and get some free sticks. Although we could have gone home happy right then we sent to a few factories in the area. We visited La Goria Cubana/ El Credito and Titan cigars. We're going back when we have more time to get a tour of the LGC factory. I've never heard of Titan but the guy there was real nice and the cigars smelled great so we each bought one..can't wait to smoke it. We saw a couple other factories but they were closed :( O.K. so now that I've rambled like a little kid that just met Santa (Jose Padron in this case) I'll take a rest....this may have been my longest post ever.

I think Phillies makes a line called the titan, I hope it's not the same thing!

By the way, I think I read this story somewhere.

Way to go Scott. I've heard of thread jacking but never thread plagiarism.
I bring you into this group and that's how you repay me?

ricmac25
Way to go Scott. I've heard of thread jacking but never thread plagiarism.
I bring you into this group and that's how you repay me?

coventrycat86
Yeah gatorsmg, your post looked awfully familiar

LMAO Couldn't help myself....I was too excited about meeting Jose Padron. Actually I typed the whole thing and then realized that I was no longer connected to the internet so I didn't get Ric's PM that he already made the thread until I was done. At that point I couldn't deny my fellow CPers a superior Post to Ric's :sign: so I posted it anyway.

Superior besides the fact that I couldn't speak with Padron because I'm too damn white :sign:

gatorsmg said:
At that point I couldn't deny my fellow CPers a superior Post to Ric's :sign: so I posted it anyway.
Superior huh?

What Scott doesn't know is what Jose Padron and I were talking about because Scott doesn't speak spanish.

Here's the translation of the conversation:

ricmac: Hello Mr. Padron, nice to meet you. Your cigars are the best I've smoked. You have a very good product there.

Padron: Nice to meet you too. I'm glad you like our product. You look like a smart guy. What are you doing hanging out with a loser like this guy.

ricmac: Well Mr.Padron, I'm very involved in community service and one of my projects was hanging out with Scott. His wife put an ad in the paper looking for friends for him.

Padron: Wow, that is very nice of you. Let me talk to Rudy so he can give you a couple of cigars.

ricmac: I'm going to share them ok. It will make him feel good.

Padron: Fine, but give hime the crappier one.

ROFLMAO @ Ric!

ricmac: Hello Mr. Padron, nice to meet you. Your cigars are the best I've smoked. You have a very good product there.

Padron: Nice to meet you too. I'm glad you like our product. You look like a smart guy. What are you doing hanging out with a loser like this guy.

ricmac: Well Mr.Padron, I'm very involved in community service and one of my projects was hanging out with Scott. His wife put an ad in the paper looking for friends for him.

Padron: Wow, that is very nice of you. Let me talk to Rudy so he can give you a couple of cigars.

ricmac: I'm going to share them ok. It will make him feel good.

Padron: Fine, but give hime the crappier one.

I might as well confess now......My name is Scott and I'm a loser, nice to meet you all.

The last "friend" Holly hired for me quit because he was tired of me wiping my ass with his cigars and putting them back in his humi. Hope you don't mind Ric.

LMAO @ RicMac25!!!

I dunno though, I hear Secret Santa and gatorsmg are real tight there Ric :D

Those havanas may be pulled out of the sleigh and lumps of coal put in place of them :p

Hrrm I would dig meeting the Padron's, but also taking a tour of the Fuente Ranch.

Has anyone done this? It might be cool to see if we could get a bunch of us to go to the DR to do this :)