• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Web Design Software

DesertRat

Perpetual Newbie
I need to do some web design but know absolutely nothing about coding. I know MS Publisher has rudimentary web design capability but the templates they give you lack any creativity and look too generic.

I've heard that Adobe Dreamweaver is a good program but it is $400.00 and is probably far too advanced for my limited knowledge.

What programs have some of you worked with that would fit my lack of talent, provide a WYSIWYG interface but allow for more creative content?

Thanks!

Danny

I use Adobe Dreamweaver when I'm not using Notepad ;)

Edit to add: Dreamweaver is the best bar none imho and with a little training the WYSIWYG environment is very powerful. If you want something that you can dive into without any investment into learning a program, I've seen people make decent websites with Yahoo! Site Builder.

I use Adobe Dreamweaver when I'm not using Notepad ;)

Edit to add: Dreamweaver is the best bar none imho and with a little training the WYSIWYG environment is very powerful. If you want something that you can dive into without any investment into learning a program, I've seen people make decent websites with Yahoo! Site Builder.

Notepad? Please tell me you aren't a code writing geek that sits there and writes code in notepad all day.

For some reason that reminds me of my Dad sitting in a lawn chair staring at a tree branch and scribbling in a notebook the mathematical formulas necessary to determine the forces applied to the branch given the existing wind conditions.

:laugh:

Thank you, Los. I appreciate the input.

Another vote for Dreamweaver. Been using it for a long time. If you're just looking to mess around and learn the basic, there are some freeware apps out there.

Another vote for Dreamweaver. Been using it for a long time. If you're just looking to mess around and learn the basic, there are some freeware apps out there.

I use a freeware piece to manage our quality documents called Plone. Its pretty easy to use and the WYSIWYG editor, kupu, is pretty nice. It has lots of add-in products as well, all free-ware.