• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wedding cigar

Marine6186

...oh you want me to say something.
Hey folks. I'm getting married on October 27th this year. My fiance is a wonderful girl and doesn't mind cigars at all.

I live in WNY and in the weather is unpredictable that time of year, blizzard, freezing rain, beautiful summer day.

I want to get three boxes (+20 box) of cigars as a gift to myself and my guests. With weather being a factor, what would you purchase. One box will definitely be a box of AFSS. Relatively inexpensive and short enough to smoke without being missed.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1472082717027.jpg
    FB_IMG_1472082717027.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 34
Are the folks you plan to share with seasoned cigar smokers? I'm not a proponent of using upper strata cigars for non-cigar-weenies. AF Short Story is a decent choice, as well their 858. Oliva Serie G Maduro (I think these would taste good to an inexperienced palate), and Padron Delicias are the first ones to come to mind.

Are the folks you plan to share with seasoned cigar smokers? I'm not a proponent of using upper strata cigars for non-cigar-weenies. AF Short Story is a decent choice, as well their 858. Oliva Serie G Maduro (I think these would taste good to an inexperienced palate), and Padron Delicias are the first ones to come to mind.

I believe this wouldn't be the first cigar for most... But you bring up a great point, very few of my friends and family have humidors, or smoke cigars on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis. Thanks for the ideas! I'm certain not looking to buy a box of OpusX Lost City to share with a group of guys who are going to snuff it out after an inch.

You could consider Af858 Sungrown. Relatively inexpensive and very tasty. Even people who don't smoke can enjoy one. Padron 1964 Anniversario principe would be a good choice for a smaller stick. Lots of choices depending on what your taste and budget is.

You could consider Af858 Sungrown. Relatively inexpensive and very tasty. Even people who don't smoke can enjoy one. Padron 1964 Anniversario principe would be a good choice for a smaller stick. Lots of choices depending on what your taste and budget is.
Great minds... go with 858 SG. Excellent choice.

You could print up secondary bands to place either on the cigars or on the cellophane as an added touch of personalization. Names. Date, picture, whatever you feel like.

Love the Padron 1964 but I think I would end up "forgetting" to put that box out for all. Haha

Great minds... go with 858 SG. Excellent choice.

You could print up secondary bands to place either on the cigars or on the cellophane as an added touch of personalization. Names. Date, picture, whatever you feel like.
I have never had the 858...gonna have to try it.

Already got bands. When I asked my groomsmen to stand I bought some Alec Bradley 2nds off of CBid

Attachments

• 20161118_174130.jpg
    20161118_174130.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 6
Congrats! I had a box of Fuente short story maduros for the non smokers and a handful of Opus for the few real cigar smokers. No one complained about the SS's and most of them weren't half smoked and tossed out since they were so small. I hate seeing a good cigar go half smoked. ;)

Hmm, maybe I'll have a few nice ones for the few of us that really smoke cigars.
I definitely hate seeing cigars go to waste... Especially, if it is a cigar I like.

Anything you buy is going to be wasted. Buy something people will likely enjoy and not worry about what they waste. Half glasses of champagne or booze, half smoked cigars, complete plates of food uneaten. Weddings are about the Bride and you, but mostly the bride. Just enjoy the moment and the memories. You can always buy another box of cigars. I'd recommend buying a box to age and enjoy around your anniversary each year as well.

Hope you have a beautiful wedding and take lots of pictures. You won't remember 90% of the night.

I picked up a bunch of Punch rothschilds (non-cuban) for a friend's wedding that was mostly non-cigar smokers; was just looking for something that's mild and smooth.

I'll tell you what I'm doing for my wedding party in May. We're eloping next month and throwing a wine, cigars and salsa party about a month later. I've picked up a couple of boxes of Romeo & Juliets (CC) - one Churchill and the other the short Churchill. Both are in tubos so I don't have to worry about the humidification during the event set-up. R&J helps play to the theme (although I do hope our wedding turns out better) and the Churchill line, CC-n ess and back story impresses the non-regular cigar smoker. I'm also packing a 40 count humidor with odds and ends for those who just want to light something up but don't know any better. All of this is a sunk cost. I anticipate the cigars all disappearing, whether taken by guests or staff by the time the night is over. I'll get a box of Churchills after the event for a anniversary smoke. I'll want it to have a April/May box code so it will be a while before I can make the purchase. I'll save a couple from the wedding in case it takes a while to secure the anniversary box.

Given that he just mail ordered a sampler, I don't think its a concern.
He didn't mention the sampler in this thread so I wasn't aware. That would definitely change what I would recommend. Though if you have a mix of CC's and NC's the CC's will be the first to go. If you want suggestions for CC's the list would be a little longer. I like what Michael is doing with the RyJ's personally but that is a little more expensive route to go.

Anything you buy is going to be wasted. Buy something people will likely enjoy and not worry about what they waste. Half glasses of champagne or booze, half smoked cigars, complete plates of food uneaten. Weddings are about the Bride and you, but mostly the bride. Just enjoy the moment and the memories. You can always buy another box of cigars. I'd recommend buying a box to age and enjoy around your anniversary each year as well.

Hope you have a beautiful wedding and take lots of pictures. You won't remember 90% of the night.

Definitely anticipating wasted cigars as much as it hurts me to see lol.

Thank you, we have a great photographer, beautiful venue and wonderful family to spend the night with.

I'll tell you what I'm doing for my wedding party in May. We're eloping next month and throwing a wine, cigars and salsa party about a month later. I've picked up a couple of boxes of Romeo & Juliets (CC) - one Churchill and the other the short Churchill. Both are in tubos so I don't have to worry about the humidification during the event set-up. R&J helps play to the theme (although I do hope our wedding turns out better) and the Churchill line, CC-n ess and back story impresses the non-regular cigar smoker. I'm also packing a 40 count humidor with odds and ends for those who just want to light something up but don't know any better. All of this is a sunk cost. I anticipate the cigars all disappearing, whether taken by guests or staff by the time the night is over. I'll get a box of Churchills after the event for a anniversary smoke. I'll want it to have a April/May box code so it will be a while before I can make the purchase. I'll save a couple from the wedding in case it takes a while to secure the anniversary box.

Very cool idea. I think I will buy a box of cigars to smoke on our anniversary every year.
Are Cubans an option for you or are you sticking with NC's?

There is the possibility but they are still a delicacy to me. My first shipment came today (small sampler). I have a terrible cold right now and it really bummed me out because I can't smell or taste anything. So my CCs are teasing me right now.

Love all these suggestions keep them coming.

Though if you have a mix of CC's and NC's the CC's will be the first to go. If you want suggestions for CC's the list would be a little longer. I like what Michael is doing with the RyJ's personally but that is a little more expensive route to go.

I'm curious as to what will go as well. Not sure if most people will even register that I've put out CCs. I may just throw out a box of Buena Vistas in the mix as well. Given their smaller size, they may go as well. Either way, at most maybe 1/4 of our guests may light up. Those that do may take another for the road.

Last edited: