• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wedding Day Box

Turk10mm

Just smokin
So, I'm getting married September 20th to the girl of my dreams. Many of the people in our families smoke cigars, and I though it would be appropriate for me to provide a box of cigars for smoking. I'll be getting a cigar grooms cake too. :)

I need some non cuban ideas. I don't really have a price limit, but more about availability. I'd like to get something special but I don't want to spend a month looking for it and then pay through the nose. I was thinking PAMs.

Any ideas?

Ok, so i was lying when I said I didn't really have a price limit. You exceeded it. I like my friends and family, but not that much. $350 cap

If your guests are cigar smokers, PAM's would be extraordinarily nice to hand out.

But, my guess is that most don't smoke cigars and you may be "wasting" your money. I'd consider a box of Padron 3K's or something along those lines to hand out. Keep the 80th's for you and your cigar smoking buddies..... :cool:

Congratulations in advance - B.B.S.

I would go with Davidoffs. It would probably be more of a crowd pleaser. Also kind of classy for a wedding. PAM's or PAN's are also an excellent choice.

I'll probably have the cigars at the bar in a humi, so it wouldn't necessarily be handed out. If they were requested, they'd be available for consumption. Her dad, mine, friends, grand fathers, her and my brothers etc. So I'd bet at least half a box would go out.

I would consider these:
Oliva Series V
Oliva Master Blend III
Camacho 10th Anniversary

So, I'm getting married September 20th to the girl of my dreams. Many of the people in our families smoke cigars, and I though it would be appropriate for me to provide a box of cigars for smoking. I'll be getting a cigar grooms cake too. :)

I need some non cuban ideas. I don't really have a price limit, but more about availability. I'd like to get something special but I don't want to spend a month looking for it and then pay through the nose. I was thinking PAMs.

Any ideas?

I'd get a box of medium to mild bodied Davidoffs. It's a brand that everyone knows (even more than many people know Cuban brands), it's also a brand that reeks of class, and you can get a cigar that even your non-cigar smoking family will be able to enjoy without turning green.

I'd get a box of medium to mild bodied Davidoffs. It's a brand that everyone knows (even more than many people know Cuban brands), it's also a brand that reeks of class, and you can get a cigar that even your non-cigar smoking family will be able to enjoy without turning green.
Moki wins....this is good advice...... :thumbs:

I wouldn't have thought of it myself, but Davidoff is the way to go.

Doc.

:laugh: Why didn't Fyodor think of that first.

Unfair! I said pretty much exactly the same thing! :whistling:

...Edited to add, jfields must be the only one who doesn't have me on block. :sign:

Unfair! I said pretty much exactly the same thing! :whistling:

...Edited to add, jfields must be the only one who doesn't have me on block. :sign:
AM coffee hadn't fully kicked in. Reading comprehension skills suck until the minimum caffeine level is reached...... :laugh:

I would consider these:
Oliva Series V
Oliva Master Blend III
Camacho 10th Anniversary

Well, I just got back from The Smoke Ring where I parused their selection and smoked a cigar. And all i have to say is that Camacho 10th is freakin FANTASTIC!!!

The problem with Davidoff, I don't want to smoke Davidoffs. And I also don't want to have a "private selection" for myself or for anyone else. I don't want anyone thinking I'm shulking them to the cheapo and I'm smoking the primo, for those that aren't familiar with cigars. Also, many of the people at my wedding are cigar smokers to some extent, several very experienced. I'll consider picking up a box of something more mild that can be offered, but I don't think there will be enough need for 2 boxes. I'll bet around 15-20 will get smoked.

I talked it over with my fiance, and she agrees that we'll put a box at the bar and those who would like one can ask the bartender for one. I'll make sure the bartender has a cutter and is capable of cutting as well.

The selection I got to taste from is as follows. My best man and I will sit down tonight and select, but I'm leaning heavy toward the Camacho 10th. Its going to be a rought night, but someone's gotta do it!! What an excuse to smoke a bunch of super premium sticks!!!

Camacho 10th 11/18
Padron 26 #2 Maduro
Padron 64 Exclusivo Maduro
Tatuaje Verocu #1
Ashton VSG Illusion

thanks for all the suggestions, keep em coming. I'll definitely make sure and get some cigar pictures at the wedding for all to see.

I vote for Exclusivo maduro. It has to me a profile that appeals to a wide variety of smokers. Not a heavy nic kick and hardly ever a construction problem. The size is right too and they need no down time to smoke well after they acclimate to the humidity of your choice. Best of luck!

Edited to add that I will gladly donate a Davidoff Zino cutter that I have that I don't use anymore for the bartender. The cutter is in perfect shape but not used since the Palio arrived. Better then a cheapie cutter. All I ask in return is a night with one of the bridesmaids.

You could have Padrom 3k or 2ks to hand out. I've been thinking heavily about this too, as I'm getting married in 6 weeks. Only two of my groomsmen smoke cigars the other 5 dont. I don't think that there will be too many others who do smoke cigars. I decieded to hand out La Aroma de Cuba Centros when we golf, as i like that cigar and it was a good excuse to buy a box since the local B&Ms dont have them. I'll have to find short smokes for the rehersal and reception though.

Oh, BTW, congradulations

No suggestions on the cigars, I'm sure you'll find one that you'll like with your best man tonight. I just want to say congratulations :)

thanks for the congrats guys... We got engaged a few weeks ago, went looking for a place to get married, and found it last week. the only problem was getting a day they had available, so we chose September which is just a heartbeat away, or so it seems. The place is worth it though!

thanks for the congrats guys... We got engaged a few weeks ago, went looking for a place to get married, and found it last week. the only problem was getting a day they had available, so we chose September which is just a heartbeat away, or so it seems. The place is worth it though!

Congrats on popping the question!!!! I'm sure it's a huge thrill + scary at the same time. Sounds like you'll do great bro!

My suggestion for you: I don't really have a particular brand in mind, but may I suggest that you get a mild-medium cigar (which was stated numerous times, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't over looked) and also a major point: Get a SMALLER cigar (ie: corona, robo, maybe DC) If people have their wives/husbands or guests there, they aren't going to want them smoking a cigar for 2 hrs while they are alone on the dance floor. I think a 40-45 min smoke would be appropriate and if they want another one, I'm sure you wouldn't care if they asked for another (as long as there were still some in the box).

If you put a gun to my head and made me pick a cigar for people to smoke my suggestion would be: AVO Classic #9 or Maduro #9 if you swing that way ;) :laugh:

Best of luck brother!!!!

-Aaron

Edit for spelling.

I vote for Exclusivo maduro. It has to me a profile that appeals to a wide variety of smokers. Not a heavy nic kick and hardly ever a construction problem. The size is right too and they need no down time to smoke well after they acclimate to the humidity of your choice. Best of luck!

Edited to add that I will gladly donate a Davidoff Zino cutter that I have that I don't use anymore for the bartender. The cutter is in perfect shape but not used since the Palio arrived. Better then a cheapie cutter. All I ask in return is a night with one of the bridesmaids.

I agree on the choice of cigar, can't go wrong with Padron! Also, his offer seems pretty reasonable :laugh: