• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Weirdest Cigar....

beastinem

Hopefully I can get some help on this.....

I was in the cigar shop in Tampa this weekend, and while running through the aisles (I was in a hurry and had to be somewhere :( ) my eyes ran across the weirdest looking cigar(s) I have seen to date. It was a tied group of three sticks that were twisted together and had a rope around them to hold them together. I am trying to think of something it looked like but can't seem to think of anything besides a group of 3 snakes coiling around one another. I should have stopped and looked at the name, but as I said, I was in a massive hurry.

I am sure most people have seen these a million times, but it was definitely a first for me. What are they?

-Zach

Did it look like this.

IMG_2390.jpg

That my friend would be a Culebra. And since it was tied with a rope, it sounds like it was likely an Illusione.

Never had one, but I have heard good things.

It's called a culebra. You unravel them and smoke the three cigars seperately.

At the Outlaw this weekend, I saw a My Father pipe and baseball bat. Those are the oddest ones I've ever seen in person. Moki used to have some cool pics of odd cigars. Check out "the football" some time.

At the Outlaw this weekend, I saw a My Father pipe and baseball bat. Those are the oddest ones I've ever seen in person. Moki used to have some cool pics of odd cigars. Check out "the football" some time.

Those Pepin cigars are awesome. I would love to have one, but not sure I could bring myself to smoke it. Culebras are good cigars, at least the Partagas one I had this weekend was.

I've seen them (the Partagas Culebra is an odd one too). I don't get it, though. What's the point? Why would one want a curvy cigar?

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=45261

I've seen them (the Partagas Culebra is an odd one too). I don't get it, though. What's the point? Why would one want a curvy cigar?

Do a search and read up on the history of them. Hint: You can take one cigar home a day. :)

Those Pepin cigars are awesome. I would love to have one, but not sure I could bring myself to smoke it. Culebras are good cigars, at least the Partagas one I had this weekend was.

The Bat is a good smoke once it opens up. I still remember Pepin showing OpusXKC and myself where to cut it at. The Bat if I remember correctly was just a novelty cigar. The Pipe was meant to be smoked. I won a couple at the Outlaw event which I gave Smokyballs one to have. I still haven't smoked the Pipe one and the one I have is pretty old.

It's a novelty, but doesn't change the fact that they taste and smoke pretty good. It's actually pretty fun to unwrap one and share it with two buddies.

It's actually pretty fun to unwrap one and share it with two buddies.

I think I just heard Jon run into the wall trying to get here fast enough :sign:

It is urban legend, but as it goes, culebras originated when Cuban cigar rollers were allowed to only take home one cigar per day...one roller ingeniously decided to roll a culebra or "snake" in Spanish of three intertwined cigars as the "single" cigar they were allocated.

Did it look like this.

IMG_2390.jpg

That my friend would be a Culebra. And since it was tied with a rope, it sounds like it was likely an Illusione.

Never had one, but I have heard good things.

That is exactly the one Goldie! It makes sense now because I was in the area picking up an Epernay when I saw them :)

Thanks guys.

The 23 are good good good. I am a self proclaimed Illusione whore but these are great IMHO.

B.Hobs and Longdraw will back that up, I do believe.

PJ

It is urban legend, but as it goes, culebras originated when Cuban cigar rollers were allowed to only take home one cigar per day...one roller ingeniously decided to roll a culebra or "snake" in Spanish of three intertwined cigars as the "single" cigar they were allocated.

Another take on the legend is that they were allowed three cigars, but only as a culebra, so they couldn't resell them.

~Boar