• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well I'm new here. I'm Rey-J, Short for Rey Jr. I want to rave

reyj1

Well, I gotta say, when I first picked up a Cuban Stock, I didn't know what to expect. Never heard of them, the cigar was not glisteny or shiny w/ oils, kinda dull and rough looking, but w/ an alluring yellowish, Colorado? shade, and I was looking for something mellow at the time, kinda like the old RyJ's were back in the 90's. To me, today's legal Dominican RyJ's are real heavy and spicy, though not very earthy if you know what I mean. Like the buttery and yummy RyJ's of the 90's morphed into some kind of heavier, spicier mutant of todays kinds. That's what my taste buds taste. Really miss those old RyJs. But I'm getting off the subject. Cuban Stock's I thought might be like those old RyJ's because of their yellowish color, but sadly they weren't. :) Man these stick's are real good. Never had a Cuban RyJ, but I can only imagine that they would taste similar to these. If you ever had a good aged Dominican RyJ Vintage Churchill, its similar to that, but a bit more fuller, heavier, a bit mellower, and spicy as hell. Very similar to the Dom. RyJ Vintage, which I adore, but better. BTW do Dom. Cuban seed RyJ seeds that make up Dom. RyJ tobacco for RyJ cigars come from the Cuban seeds from Cuban RyJ tobacco seeds. And is that where Dom. RyJ's get their RyJ name, and that they seem to have that similar mellow, yet spicy quality? It's a pretty good question, I don't know. Anyway I hope you all get to try some Cuban Stocks sometime, or maybe some RyJ Vintages. Ciao! 

reyj1 said:
Well, I gotta say, when I first picked up a Cuban Stock, I didn't know what to expect. Never heard of them, the cigar was not glisteny or shiny w/ oils, kinda dull and rough looking, but w/ an alluring yellowish, Colorado? shade, and I was looking for something mellow at the time, kinda like the old RyJ's were back in the 90's. To me, today's legal Dominican RyJ's are real heavy and spicy, though not very earthy if you know what I mean. Like the buttery and yummy RyJ's of the 90's morphed into some kind of heavier, spicier mutant of todays kinds. That's what my taste buds taste. Really miss those old RyJs. But I'm getting off the subject. Cuban Stock's I thought might be like those old RyJ's because of their yellowish color, but sadly they weren't. :) Man these stick's are real good. Never had a Cuban RyJ, but I can only imagine that they would taste similar to these. If you ever had a good aged Dominican RyJ Vintage Churchill, its similar to that, but a bit more fuller, heavier, a bit mellower, and spicy as hell. Very similar to the Dom. RyJ Vintage, which I adore, but better. BTW do Dom. Cuban seed RyJ seeds that make up Dom. RyJ tobacco for RyJ cigars come from the Cuban seeds from Cuban RyJ tobacco seeds. And is that where Dom. RyJ's get their RyJ name, and that they seem to have that similar mellow, yet spicy quality? It's a pretty good question, I don't know. Anyway I hope you all get to try some Cuban Stocks sometime, or maybe some RyJ Vintages. Ciao! 

Wow, somebody had their Saturday morning coffee enema!  Not to hate on you man but I had a hell of a time following what you posted and I'm not sure what you're getting at.  Your post reads like a breathless 8 year old hammering along about their new favorite thing/discovery.  Here at Cigar Pass, as a courtesy to the other members, we emphasize using good sentence structure, formatting, proper spelling and punctuation.   YMMV, but I do know you're going to get a universally negative or unresponsive reaction if you make a lot of posts like that.  Long ashes, brother.

MilesMingusMonk said:
Reads like a hired shill for Cuban Stock brand cigars.

I didn't even make the connection.  I had to google it before I realized that was a brand.  

Slow down Reyj1. All of us here enjoy smoking and talking about our sticks and experiences, but that was like reading about a blow by blow description of a run away train. There is good brotherhood here and plenty of knowledge. Join us, but ease up and make a little more sense of what you are talking about. Welcome from Dallas Texas.

Welcome, but I'm out of breath just reading the first post. Entertaining yes, in the correct section no. If the post is legit and you plan to stick around, let's have a proper intro and at least tell us where you are from mate.

Seems like someone did some editing of my post. Oldest trick in the book for these types of sites. Obviously, I'm a noob... to this site. But DEFINITELY Not a noob to fine tobacco, be it pipes or gars. I know fine tobacco when I taste it and smell it, and pair it. Obviously, I'm new to the site, its in the title in the post. But you guys are seriously rude to put it mildly. I' ll post some more to test the waters of the members here. Good, nice constructive criticism is fine, but bile and venomous responses from a first post is rediculous. Especially, when the original post was tampered with... oldest trick in the book. 

reyj1 said:
Seems like someone did some editing of my post. Oldest trick in the book for these types of sites. Obviously, I'm a noob... to this site. But DEFINITELY Not a noob to fine tobacco, be it pipes or gars. I know fine tobacco when I taste it and smell it, and pair it. Obviously, I'm new to the site, its in the title in the post. But you guys are seriously rude to put it mildly. I' ll post some more to test the waters of the members here. Good, nice constructive criticism is fine, but bile and venomous responses from a first post is rediculous. Especially, when the original post was tampered with... oldest trick in the book. 
Really are you serious?

PM me your info and I'll send out a box or two of Cuban RyJ's

Edit: ok guys stop tampering with posts

reyj1 said:

I blame tone-ny. :0

reyj1 said:

....So what was it supposed to say? 

Folks can't edit your original post. Editing it in a quote, to be derogatory, is imo, very rude and unacceptable. But, hey, I try to be a gentleman.
I am typically very forgiving of spelling, grammar, and punctuation because I know that not everybody learned it well enough. Hell, I work with Engineers who write like 6th graders. But, in all honesty, I had a very tough time comprehending your post. If writing is not your strong suit, an effort to try will be noticed, and appreciated.

Regarding any similarity between Dominican and Cuban RjJ Cigars, I would say it is nonexistent. 

lf you had of written," I don't know anything about cigars and I don't write worth a damn.", you'd have been telling us the truth and found us far more accommodating.

Doc

You're going to need thicker skin to hang here.

MadMonk said:
Editing it in a quote, to be derogatory, is imo, very rude and unacceptable.

Is that an issue in this thread, or elsewhere on the forum?