• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well now....

JD, great work on the Undercrown! No chit on the "bellowing smoke" part. For those of us who crave LP T52's & No.9's but can't find them all the time, these will definitely do the trick. I also have to say that I was pleasantly surprised the other day when a bro gave me an UZI to try. I'm typically not a fan of big ring gauge sticks and find myself gravitating more to more and more lanceros these days (cannot wait to get my hands on some L40's), BUT I really enjoyed the UZI. Great flavor all the way through.

Fellows,

Thanks for giving the new UNDERCROWN's a shot. We are no on the 5th batch that has been sent to the US from NIca and they are hitting right non the money right now...

The very first batch, around November came in a little humid and needed about 3 weeks to dry out properly. This was from an unexpected amount of humidity in the little stick that is placedin the box, as it is a 12x13 count box. We caught the mistake and removed that little wood stick, and added another cigar instead.

They should be hitting right now, bellowing smoke, and creamy, a bit of pepper, earthy and mid hearty.

Best,
JD

....yep. What JD said.... ;) Burned one tonight, just now. On the money....

A little rest in the cabinet @ 65% / 65F did them wonders. Tons of dense, sweet smoke, same unique flavor profile I mentioned before, draw and burn just perfect. A fantastic smoke, nice to add this unique flavor profile to my regular rotation. A very nice change up, to be sure... :thumbs:

You got me curious so, I went to my B&M at lunch today to buy an Undercrown. I was told the only Drew Estates they carry are the Acid line. Guess I'll have to test drive a 5'er from an on-line source. Sorry local B&M....I tried. :rolleyes:

Anyone notice that the wrapper emits a lot of smoke while idling?

Other than that, one of my favorite cigars - still haven't had a 9 or 52. Looking forward to trying them.

Anyone notice that the wrapper emits a lot of smoke while idling?

I've definitely noticed it. LP9 do this, too. Obviously something with the wrapper, but I don't know what, exactly.

I've come across this thread a bunch of times and just stopped short of ordering these cigars each time...until today. Ordered the belis and robustos...

You're all a bunch of sorry bastids....and I'm so weak & impressionable :laugh:

Dave sent me one of the GTs, and I almost torched it today if it weren't for a burnt tongue from my coffee this morning ;)

I'll fire it up this weekend and will give my impressions. Thanks for sending this over bruddah Dave!

I just ordered a sampler mainly for the other cigars in the sampler but it also comes with 2 undercrowns, looks like I will be getting a indirect treat out of this one as well. Sampler comes with two Nub Dubs and two Osa Sols which is what I was after mainly from the 14.

5'er on the way. Can't wait to try one. Do you think a rest upon arrival will be best?

I smoke one fresh from the B & M Humi and did not care for it, but this thread makes me want to try another. Thanks to my Secret Santa I have one and I will see how it smokes this weekend.

Bought a Gran Toro last week to give some rest, but then I went to my B&M today and smoked one fresh and enjoyed it very much. Not kidding on the smoke, couple big draws and you'll be in the cloud. The wrapper does smoke a lot as well, emitting a good 12" tall stream of smoke resting on the ashtray. Everyone in the B&M raved about the cigar last week, and one other person came in and lit one up after I did.

Burning it fresh it came out smooth, but not much on the flavor profile for me on a regular draw. Lots of tobacco taste. But, the flavor is incredible with a little retrohale. Can't even describe it. The taste kind of grew for like 15 seconds after a draw and hard to describe the taste.

The wrapper and band are exquisite, the burn was great, but the ash in the first 1/3 was rather weak, coming off in the first 3/4 of an inch.

Can't wait to smoke the one I have on rest.

I lit one recently and the first half didn't really float my boat, but I enjoyed the second half. Mentally, I think I was looking for the LP no.9 taste, which came and went in the last half.