• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well, This is Some Good News About the Impending Cigar Regulations

It took a visit from our President to Cuba to temporarily shut this down, so I guess I'll take this single result as the only positive aspect of that journey.

That's all I have to say about that.

LINK
Just saw this as well. Wow.
What a turn of events ( at least temporarily )

It seems lately there is always an exception and this time it is working out and as bucfan444 said "at least temporarily"

Good news is always welcome and lately rare. I'm celebrating with an illusione mk ultra! ;)

Good to see that link. Even my limited mental powers figured out WHY. But a better question, we know the President smokes, so I wonder what he might have brought home from there?

I hate it when you find my mistakes, I got to clean my glasses, thought it was Eva Longoria.

That is excellent news. It now has me wondering if the removal of the cigar exemption from the budget was part of a broader diplomatic strategy for managing this whole defrosting of Cuba/US relations.

This is certainly good news but it worries me that it's only one site, albeit a reputable one, reporting it based on their "sources".

From the article;

The premium cigar industry also represents thousands of American jobs, through more than 2,000 retail businesses, and a supplier and logistics network that spans from the Port of Miami to the distribution houses of Pennsylvania. It is hundreds of family farms from Lancaster County in the heart of Amish country, to the Connecticut River Valley. Small businesses from The Cigar Factory on Decatur Street in New Orleans, to El Titan De Bronze in the Little Havana community of Miami. These artisan businesses could never sustain federal regulation.

It’s more than just a cigar.

The point is that the administration is opening itself up to numerous unintended consequences if it tries to treat Havana any differently than Esteli, Danli or Santiago. The notion of an American bureaucracy intruding into an industry that poses no threat to the American general public, is purely for discerning adults, and serves as a source of invaluable jobs from the Pinar del Rio region of Cuba to the Jamastran Valley of Honduras should not be acceptable.

We have higher priorities.​