• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Went to Vegas this weekend

xdhatcherx

I posted in npedersen's thread, but I also wanted to start my own as I did want to share a little info, that some might now see if they don't go to his thread.

I stopped by Casa Fuente while there. It's a nice cigar bar, very pricey, but I expected that because it's Vegas and the strip. I bought 2 858 Sungrown Maduros there and 2 Anejo Sharks. The limit on the sharks is 3 per customer and 2 per customer on the 858 sungrowns. Cost of Anejos is $26 a piece and $13 a piece for the sungrowns.

I gotta admit that although nice, I ended up liking the Davidoff walk-in humi on the 2nd floor of the Venetian much more than CF. They also sell both the Anejos and 858 Sungrowns. They did not have an open box of sungrowns so I couldn't get a per stick price, but the Anejos were $31. However, when I told the kid working there that CF had them for $26 he happily offered the same price and included that I could buy as many as I want. They prefer not to limit the quantity of purchases per customer. :)

The staff at Davidoff was also MUCH friendlier and sociable than at CF. Not that CF was a bad experience, but it's the difference of going and purchasing your own suit from Macy's and having a sales staff person sort of help you along and then going to Mens Wearhouse and getting everything custom tailored, well fit and just generally all-around taken care of.

So, if you're visiting Vegas I'd highly recommend stopping in at the Davidoff humi on the 2nd floor of the Venetian (make sure you go to the 2nd floor because there is a Davidoff kiosk humi on the 1st, but it's very small and not what you're looking for) and talking with the staff there.

I was there this weekend as well. Wife and I went to Casa Fuente Saturday afternoon. They upped the price on the 858 SG from $10 to $13 since the last time I was there and also limited them to 2 per person (i.e., no box purchases). IMO, you should have picked up some Casa Fuente cigars instead of the Anejos - 1) cheaper and 2) very good cigars in their own right. Plus, you can ONLY get them at Casa Fuente.

Im going in feb did cf have any xxx

OpusX xXx? If so, yes. They also had #4s, #5s, and Petit Lanceros (that I noticed). I wasn't looking for Opus so I didn't pay much attention to them. It looked like they had about 2 more boxes of 858 SGs left - not sure if they will still be there in a month.

Davidoff also carries the Opus X line and it IS cheaper than CF. I don't remember exact prices as I was not looking for those either, but I remember the Opus X being cheaper.