• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s in your bag of tricks?

cuppajack

Does anyone else have a “kit” of tools and paraphernalia related to cigar smoking?

Perhaps I’m alone in this, but somehow I doubt it. I’ve always felt that a collection of nice accessories adds to the enjoyment of nearly any hobby.

Currently my “kit” includes:

-Xikar folding scissors/multi-tool. This thing is really neat. I like snipping with the scissors instead of a guillotine for some reason, and the other tools on this are actually pretty useful. The larger screw-drier blade is the PERFECT size for changing Zippo flints, and while I haven’t tried to open a beer with the diminutive bottle-opened the tiny screw-drive on that works wonders on loose eye-wear. Also, Brickhouse turned me on to a great idea in his review of an Opus he smoked on his birthday: there is a picture of him nubbing the stick using the scissors to grip the nub. Brilliant!
-Cheapo punch. I used to use a bullet-punch on 90% of the parejos I smoked. They are great for the inexperienced smokers who might be intimidated by the scissors, and they are great for the “fire and forget” nature of their cut. Plus at $3 I can loose 10 of them before I’ve spent the coin I did on the Xikar.
-Lighters: A couple of Zippos, one fluid and one with the my new “Z-Plus” insert, plus my trusty Prometheus pipe-lighter and a standard Bic.
-1 ½ inch sheet-metal screw. Someone the board suggested one of these to fix a plugged or otherwise tough drawing smoke. I haven’t had to use it yet, but it is there.
-A bobby pin or two for nubbin’
-Pipe cleaners and tamper.
-Notepad and a few pens for tasetig notes and capturing those “ah-ha!” moments that seem to commonly accompany a good smoke.
-Tin of Altoids for obvious reasons. I like the Ginger ones the best but have trouble finding them.
-Post-It brand tape-flags. These little devils are great for sticking to a cigar that needs labeling. I’ll ID a tricky Vitola or record who gifted a stick with these (stick to the band or the cello and never the wrapper obviously)
-Wrapper repair gum. I’ve actually misplaced my bottle of this… I need to find a new one.
-Glue stick for gluing (duh) bands into my smoking journal.
-And oddly, the empty tube from a La Aurora Perferido #2 since It is too cool to toss and I’m not sure what else to do with it.
-A cigar box (obviously) to hold it all (Ashton I believe…)

I think I’m forgetting something, but that is the general idea.

Interesting!

What happens when you go out, does it take you 15 minutes to
pack a bag with all your goodies? Oh, don't forget the cigar. :laugh:
J/K

My life is a lot simpler. I carry a Xikar xi3 and a Blazer lighter in my
pocket. I have two Xikar and one Blazer spare, just in case I lose one.

Brian

I keep a punch on the keychain, a cheapo cutter in the car and if I remember I take the good cutter with me. 2 bics in the car and 2 in my pockets. That's it.

Free cutters go with me,various sizes and types....depends on the cigar.
My lighter goes everywhere...free from J&R with subscription to cigar magazine
What else does one need?
Cigars come with me in an aluminum travel case....I always bring a little over twice the amount I will smoke,ya never know what I may be in the mood for.There are times I take 14 cigars for the day and end up buying something to smoke.

Thats my travel junk.

At home,I keep 4 different size/type cutters,3 lighters and an ash tray I seem to hardly ever use.

I'm a toy junkie. I got an XiKar, a Palio and a Wenger Swiss Army knife. I use them all interchangeably. However, I do prefer the Wenger.

Doc.

I am also simple! Mainly becuase I lose almost every toy I buy. I have, however, managed to hold on to the Xikar gifted to me from an outstanding member of this board :love: . I carry it and a 3 dollar butaine torch-- my 3rd one! :blush:

Brandon

I travel lite I guess just my Xikar cutter and a cheap tourch cause sooner or latter I lose them :( OH and a box of stick matches for when I lose my torch :blush:

I always have my Palio and CI single flame torch on my person. That's about all I need.

I carry a few more things around when I got my pipe in the rotation though.

Xikar cutter for home mainly (when I remember it's in the house!) ...or out for events. Freebie duos for everyday use.

Xtend lighter when I remember to bring it...or a couple 2 fer $15 duo torches.

I also have a cooper wire that's pointed on one end and looped on the other...a little longer than a robusto...I use for plugs and the like!

I know that when Chewbacco travels...he brings his whole fuggin' cooler-dor with him!!! HA- HA

-Fetterf

Does anyone else have a “kit” of tools and paraphernalia related to cigar smoking?

-And oddly, the empty tube from a La Aurora Perferido #2 since It is too cool to toss and I’m not sure what else to do with it.

I think I’m forgetting something, but that is the general idea.

As the guys that made it out to Vegas it makes for a really cool bobber.

All I bring is my multi tool xikar and my torch.

I RARELY smoke away from home, unless its at someone elses place. When im home I use my byrd robin to cut cigars and a master single flame utility torch to light. If im away from home, same cutter but i carry a cheap 3 flame torch my friend got for me.

I pack as lightly as possible...

I have all the tools of the trade, including a wood screw for plugs (CC's trick) and a paper clip for bleeding my Colibri. But I usually just carry my Colibri with the built-in punch. If I'm gonna be smoking a torp or perfecto, I grab a double bladed cutter.

You bunch of pansies. :angry:

With all your fancy contraptions and cigar gear. Christ you nancy girls make me sick! :0

All I needs is a pair of teeth to rip the tip off a cigar and some flint stones to knock together and get a little fire going.

You ladies think awhile on it, maybe trim your nails some and get a facial when you go to the hair parlor :p

Wow, some of you guys carry a lot of stuff.
For me it's just a torch lighter, punch and a cheap double-blade cutter.

You bunch of pansies. :angry:

With all your fancy contraptions and cigar gear. Christ you nancy girls make me sick! :0

All I needs is a pair of teeth to rip the tip off a cigar and some flint stones to knock together and get a little fire going.

You ladies think awhile on it, maybe trim your nails some and get a facial when you go to the hair parlor :p

How about cedar sticks?

Back