• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a small world...

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
I just learned today that one of the cigar shops I have been meaning to check out, is owned by my neighbor from the street I grew up on! I was out with my dad today having a father son day, we went for sushi and then headed over to Taylor's to have a couple cigars, when the conversation came up of other cigar shops. My dad mentioned that our old neighbor of seventeen years had opened his own cigar lounge called Bo's Cigar Lounge! What cracks me up, is that I had intended to go there next week, as they are on the Tatuaje website as an authorized seller! Bo was a great guy when my brother and I were growing up, we were always over at his house for dinner and he always threw a kick ass barbeque. I have many years of great memories from that street, all of which involve him and his family. I'm heading over there tomorrow to surprise him, as I haven't seen him in about five years. Seeing as he won't recognize me more than likely, it's going to be fun watching his head spin. :D I'm going to see if I can organize a herf at his place, I'll keep you guys posted.

Yeah, this post is probably a bit odd and useless, but the shock compelled me to make it anyways. Anyone been to his place?

Never been there, but I love those small world moments. It's like when you're on vacation on the other side of the country and you run into someone you know, weird but kind of neat at the same time. And yes, that has happened to me.

I have their website bookmarked on my browser. I'd like to check it out sometime but Long Beach is little far of a drive for me, being in the Valley. Perhaps if I can land a job out that way.

That's a cool story! I love how hobbies like cigars bond your dad and you and now it will bond with an old friend. :thumbs:

Haha, what a great day today...I dropped by his place and surprised the hell out of him! I spent three hours there just BS'ing and smoking cigars, catching up and whatnot. He is a great guy, and pretty much everyone there welcomed me like I was a regular. The selection in his humidor is outstanding too! The real plus was his actual lounge, it's probably the biggest lounge I have been in by far. The way he has the chairs arranged is awesome, he has them against all the walls in a big room, with TV's on every wall, so everyone can see each other and converse, yet still catch the game or movie. If you guys are looking for an amazing place to put up your feet, this place is it. Plus, the guy just takes care of everyone and welcomes you like family. :)

Glad to hear your first visit was so enjoyable! With your law enforcement friends stopping by, you could make it into a "cops and collars" night. I'd hate to be a potential thief trying to do a grab while you're there. :laugh:
Book 'em Dano!........I mean...........Charles!

Glad to hear your first visit was so enjoyable! With your law enforcement friends stopping by, you could make it into a "cops and collars" night. I'd hate to be a potential thief trying to do a grab while you're there. :laugh:
Book 'em Dano!........I mean...........Charles!

Haha, yeah no kidding! I guess he gets a ton of law enforcement, firemen, ect in there all the time. He takes care of them too, which is really nice of him. The owner of Big Daddy's Cigars was there today herfing it up with Bo, which cracked me up, I guess they are good friends and do big events in tandem! :) I wish I didn't have to work tonight, he's having a UFC fight party... :(

I have their website bookmarked on my browser. I'd like to check it out sometime but Long Beach is little far of a drive for me, being in the Valley. Perhaps if I can land a job out that way.

That is true, Long Beach is a little drive from the valley, but Bo does have a second location in Torrance. Truthfully the Long Beach store feels to me at least like home beginning that it is an inviting and welcoming design. The lounge honestly has the feel of like a den in a home. Nice polish sitting for everyone. The arrangement of the seats allows for everyone to face each other and with that comes the ease to meet and get to know the fellow cigar smokers. The look of the seating lounge is great to say the least. It has the feel of being upscale but not in that utter douche bag kind of way. Bo's Long Beach store kinda has a smaller selection in the humidor, however, I like to stress this, the selection is top notch. He has a few hard to find stick in stock and he is willing to work with you if you have any requests for a particular cigar that he does not have.

But enough of the Long Beach spot. His Torrance location is upscale and truly the pictures on his website do not do the locations beauty any justice. The humidor is laid out with a assortment of bitchin' cigars and the dome above the smoking area is stunning. When Charles and I visited this past week I found myself looking up to the heavens and being in awe of the beauty and craftsmanship of this dome. In addition, there is a back room behind the humidor with lockers and enough space for possible events. I know Bo was talking about bring in a professional cigar roller to teach cigar rolling classes on Fridays or Saturdays. At the moment its just a thought but I will keep everyone posted if anything changes.

By the way just on a side note I want to say I am not trying to be a homer and to pimp Bo's store. I'm being totally objective. I will be honest i really enjoy going to Taylor's and just hanging out with Charles and the staff there but I have more fun at Bo's. I'll be visiting Bo and the Long Beach location so come on by and lets enjoy a good stick! :thumbs:

In addition, there is a back room behind the humidor with lockers and enough space for possible events. I know Bo was talking about bring in a professional cigar roller to teach cigar rolling classes on Fridays or Saturdays. At the moment its just a thought but I will keep everyone posted if anything changes.

I do not think I have ever quoted myself but I found out from Bo that there will be in fact a cigar roller on Friday and Saturday at the Torrance location. Currently classes are filled i believe. :thumbs: