• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a wonderful day.

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Its 1:35 am over here in Germany ATM and before I go to bed I'd just like to tell you that yesterday was a wonderful day.

My mother-in-law celebrated her 80 birthday and God decided to give her a beautiful day in which to to do it.

A light fresh breeze, a cloud free sky and plenty of warm sunshine. The family and friends gathered at an excellent gasthaus that borders one of the largest lakes in our area. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood from the beginning and the mood only got better as the day spent its course.

My brother-in-law Wolfgang, called us and let us know he was stuck in a traffic-jam on the Münich Autobahn and would be late but not to worry he and his family would be arriving soon after the noon meal and to keep a beer cold for him.

The food was superb, consisting of pork loin, roast of calf and sauerbraten with the meat we had a choice of 3 different sauces, german home-fried potatoes and Knödel.

After eating we all went outside to enjoy the warmth of the sun and enjoy each others company.

My 4 year-old and her 5 year-old cousin collected acorns and soon filled all their parents avialable pockets. Some of the rest of the family played mini-golf on the gasthause's 8 hole course and Me and my wife of 19 years went for a walk through the forest path the runs the length of the lake.

What a wonderful day.

My fellow members of CP, I wish you all a great weekend, and may your day be good as mine was. Forget whatever stress you happen to have at the moment, grab the family and enjoy the day.

Life is too short to do otherwise.

Sounds like you had a great day Shawn, I hope mine today with the wife is just as enjoying...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I must admit that my Friday, Sat and Sun although much more mundane in actions was still one of the most etheral experiences in my life. I have to admit that my company during those days made it what it was :)

Sounds like a great day! The weather was fine her in Jersey yesterday too! :thumbs: