• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a year...

Nathan Rahl

Dum de Dum
Wow, I can’t believe it has already been a year. It seems like just yesterday I was getting my Newbie Sampler from lucasbuck. Thanks lucas! I can still remember the way I felt when if first opened that package. There was a sense of shock at how many cigars were there, and confusion on what cigar to smoke first.

I’ve come along way in this short period since that first fateful buy. I tried my first Opus several months later, boy what a cigar that was :love: ! Thanks Lumberg for that one! Several months following that I took a plunge into the darker side of cigars, ISOMs. I got my first sampler from alexgtp, and boy what a nice sampler it was. The first ISOM I smoked was a Bolivar Royal Corona. I will probably be buying a box of those within the next few weeks, a very good cigar. Thank you alexgtp for that opportunity!

Most of you probably don’t know me that well, as I don’t post that often. I prefer to read and learn as I really don’t have much to offer to a community such as this. Hopefully one day I will be able to give back to the community with the knowledge I gain. Although I don’t know you all on a personal level, I’d like to think that I am friends with all of you. BOTLs. Another thing I am glad to see is that I am still apart of this great community. I see so many noobies (I am still one I think) come in here and talk shit like they own the place :rolleyes: . Thanks to the FOGs that kind of stuff doesn’t fly, and they soon find themselves out the door. Their loss is you ask me. For the most part I don’t think anyone has a problem with me, and I have only really gotten into one little quarrel, which was soon resolved. Something about speeding tickets and LEOs if I remember correctly :whistling: 

When I first joined this site, I was a little hesitant. I knew absolutely nothing about cigars other than to not inhale :laugh: . But thanks to the great people here I now find myself knowing what the hell a vitola is and the difference between natural, maduro, and candela. I went from a little 50 count humidor I bummed off my brother, to not only that, but a 100 count humidor and several large Tupperware containers. I have now moved on to a 1200 ct. cabinet humidor. (This should be here in about a week!) Good lord what have I gotten myself into? Thank god I don’t have my own credit card yet. I think if I did I would be severely in debt from all the deals I see on CBid and other sites :laugh: .

Anyways, I guess I am kind of rambling on here, congratulations if you read all of that, lol :laugh:. The gist of this post was to say a big THANK YOU to all of the members that have guided me to where I am now and to those who have been so generous along the way :love: . I hope to see you all next year around this same time!

-Nathan

P.S. – I don’t currently have a contest or anything planned, but I do plan on doing one before I leave for the Air Force in August. Hopefully I will get off my ass and think of something. Maybe something Air Force related, like my rank in my class after BMT. I dunno… Feel free to PM or post any suggestions.

Congratulations on the anniversary Nathan!!

Congratulations on the anni, Nathan. Very nice post, as well, btw. I know you a little better now! :thumbs:

Congrats on a year. Hopefully we will see ya around more often.

Congratulations, Nathan. I hope this will be but the first of many more good years to come.

Best,
Wilkey