• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are some mild-bodied stick suggestions?

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Greetings,

Since I'm seeing the light of a good smoke, I'd like to be able to pick out some for my girlfriend. She likes them mild and doesn't mind flavors. She hasn't had enough of what she liked to know what to look for.

So far about all I know to try are the CAO Gold Honey Petite Coronas (bidding at Cbid now) and Mac Hyde Parks (I picked up a few on Friday). They both sure sound as though they'll fit the bill. What are some other suggestions?

TIA, cheers,
Dixie

You might have her try a Baccarat. It's a minld smoke with a hint of sweetness. Not really a flavor, just kinda sweet.

Nick

Baccarat is great..try a platinum,its small,looks great in a ladies hand.Also M acundo porafino.It,s not as sweet but long an thin an very mild.

The S.R.O.'s (sun ripened oscuro) are very good. The have a ton of good flavor but are mild. I don't know how they do it. THis is a new offering from JR's. I smoked all of mine or I would send you some. :( I smoke them in the morning.

Dunhill and Davidoff are mild with a lot of good taste but pricey.

THe Mac's are very good mild too as you said.

The C.A.O are a good way to go.

She might want to try some cigars with a Candela wrapper (green). Although I've never had any, I hear that they are mild and some even sweet.

Gator

With the CAO's the Moontance is in the same line and I think tastes way better IMHO. I had a Helix Nat. this morning thanks to Nick, thats a great mild cigar. The one candela I had so far didn't impress me much I'm afraid. Havanna Honey's are a great cigar, long fill and everything. I'm seeing them in stores more, don't confuse them with cuban honeys, NOT the same. I like the larger sized Del Sol's in vanilla my self. Not exactly mild, more like medium, but a great taste and the first hand made I ever bought for myself way back when.

try macanudo and macanudo in mild.
also Ashton are mild. If you can afford it (davidoff) is super mild.
Let me know what happens, I'm looking for one for my wife as well
Michael

Just a thought guys... but...

My wife started smoking a few years back and like you we looked for the mild sticks. She is unable to smoke right now because of the baby, but that will be over with in a few more weeks. She quit smoking the lighter sticks because of lack of flavor and fullness. She says, "I like to feel like I am doing something." When I let her sample cigars that I am smoking, the general concensus is that the fuller the better. She loves the LGC Serie R and the Trinidad. They have a lot of flavor. If you smoke them slow, they won't get too strong in nicotine. The Full Bodied Maduros usually have a good rich, sweet creamy taste without any harshness. Its the naturals that she should probably stay away from. Experiment... Let her try a rich full bodied maduro like the LGC Wavell Maduro and tell her it is mild and see if she doesn't like it. Just my opinion. As with most LGC's smoke the first inch for her to get past the harsh part. After that... she'll be in heaven.

Hey Dixieland, I would recommend Nat Sherman Host Selection. They are mild and the wrapper has a sweetness to them. They are not flavored. I love them. I like maduros, but sometimes I want a mild smoke - like in the morning, and these are my favorite. :D

SD_Stack said:
Just a thought guys... but...

My wife started smoking a few years back and like you we looked for the mild sticks. She is unable to smoke right now because of the baby, but that will be over with in a few more weeks. She quit smoking the lighter sticks because of lack of flavor and fullness. She says, "I like to feel like I am doing something." When I let her sample cigars that I am smoking, the general concensus is that the fuller the better. She loves the LGC Serie R and the Trinidad. They have a lot of flavor. If you smoke them slow, they won't get too strong in nicotine. The Full Bodied Maduros usually have a good rich, sweet creamy taste without any harshness. Its the naturals that she should probably stay away from. Experiment... Let her try a rich full bodied maduro like the LGC Wavell Maduro and tell her it is mild and see if she doesn't like it. Just my opinion. As with most LGC's smoke the first inch for her to get past the harsh part. After that... she'll be in heaven.
Thanks for the input you guys, I check into Baccaratt.

SD_Stack,

We already know that she doesn't like anthing more than a "medium." It makes her throat scratchy/hurt otherwise. Well, she actually likes the stronger stuff, but with the throat thing, she ends up tossing them after 5 minutes. She and I would ratrher she get the complete enjoyment from a whole mild cigar. :)

Cheers,
Dixie

Captain B said:
Hey Dixieland, I would recommend Nat Sherman Host Selection. They are mild and the wrapper has a sweetness to them. They are not flavored. I love them. I like maduros, but sometimes I want a mild smoke - like in the morning, and these are my favorite. :D
Are Nat Sherman's mild as a brand or just some of them? I have one (not sure what type) in the 'dor now :)

Cheers,
Dixie

Nat Sherman has a variety of different cigars. The Host Selection is the mildest (I think). Check out his web site Nat Sherman.

The prices are high from them, but check out CB and Cig Int for good prices.

Captain B said:
Nat Sherman has a variety of different cigars. The Host Selection is the mildest (I think). Check out his web site Nat Sherman.

The prices are high from them, but check out CB and Cig Int for good prices.
Oh, thanks. (man is their site difficult to navigate)

Good news...what I have appears to be a Host Hampton. I'll set it asside for her :D

Thanks again fellas, cheers,
Dixie

Having tried both the CAO Moontrace Vanilla and the CAO Bella Vanilla, the Bella Vanilla wins hands down for a mild, flavored cigar. I just won a 5-pack of the petite coronas at an auction site for $8, which is a hard price to beat. And since I also won 9 other lots, the combined shipping charges were pretty cheap overall.

CAO Gold
Macanudo
Hemingway Short Story

Those would be my top 3 suggestions for her to try. All of them mild, flavorful and an easy smoke. I would also let her toke off your smokes to find out other tastes she likes.

Sam

Fonseca offers a wonderfully mild maduro which I find has so much more flavor then most naturals. Another one to try is National Brand Sun Grown. These are pretty mild, very tasty and cheap :D They are in the Baccarat line that so many have recommended here.

I'd have to mention the Macanudos as being one of the mildest sticks I've smoked to date. The Montequillas are mild as well and like the name suggests, they have a smooth butter taste. But it's really up to her. What is mild to me might not be for someone else. The journey is the best part :)

I'd buy her a box of the ones that I liked. That way when she doesn't like them you get the extras :D

But then, I'm just that way :sneaky:

Here's a few that come to mind...

Macanudo
Macanudo Vintage
Don Diego
H. Upmann
Romeo y Julieta
Davidoff
Griffins

Aloha,

Wade

Back