• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you bbq ing this weekend?

donzz

I just picked up 4 slabs of ribs and a pork butt, Ribs Sat. and pulled pork on Mon.
Hopefully I can get the wife to make her potato salad.

I use a barrel type smoker from Home Depot. With some Mods these brinkman style can do a good job.

Lots of tree services here so getting some good hardwood is no problem. Its nice not to have to split wood. I picked up a load of Oak today 10 $ for all I could carry and they loaded it

I may even break out an Opus A while "tending the smoker" which we all know means sitting out side drinking

Have a safe Labor day weekend

Don

Mmm ribs... That sounds like one hell of a plan donzz.
I think I'm gonna throw on some top sirloin kabobs with peppers, potatoes and other veggies. Damn man, you got me hungry already.

We have 2 Porterhouse steaks, 3 Ribeyes, and 2 NY Strip Steaks for the grill tomorrow. :D
And we picked up 4 huge slabs of ribs and brisket for $7 to $9 a rack.

I just did two racks yesterday, competition style. I have a WWS and used the 3-1-1.The taste was a winner, but next time I am going to use the 2-1- 1 unless I have a really good rack.
These racks were not all that good, but I took what they had.

Today some lamb & chicken kabobs, tommorrow Boston Butt and Monday burgers and sausages. :thumbs:

No big plans but we do have some brats which I'll probably boil in a large bowl of beer and onions and then finish on the grill.

Going to do it all again on Monday with some pulled pork

Did KC Strips today, will do chicken breasts tomorrow. Not sure what I will throw on the grill Monday.

Hmmm...well, we did three 3" thick, cut to order filet steaks last night (awesome!). Not really plans for the grill this weekend...too rainy (Germany)....but we are doing a giant brunch spread this morning...Monte Cristos, bacon, eggs, fruit, mimosas, potatoes....does breakfast count? Oh, and good smokes out back on the patio and a lot of casual boozing in the interim.

:p

-Trey

I will be starting a pork butt about 10:00 tonite to be ready for tomorrows lunch. Tomorrow I will smoke 3 whole chickens, alot of shrimp, some Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, wrapped in bacon, onions and beer bread.

There will be plenty of cigars, beer, dominos,cards, family and friends during the next couple of days. :D

No grilling/BBQ here in Alabama today or tomorrow as as we are getting a nice steady rain from Tropical Storm Lee! HOWEVER, I decided to do it up right indoors and am beginning work on a big ass batch of hot tamales (Mississippi Delta style!). For any of you who have ever been to the delta and had hot tamales, you know the mouth watering that is going on at my house!
So as to kindly pass on the salivation factor, here's where I'm at: I just finished simmering about 6 lbs of cubed pork butt with some onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a pork bone broth for 2-1/2 hours. Got it shredded up and finished it off by tossing it in a spice mixture of chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder that had been sauteed in some oil. It's now chilling in the fridge along with about 10 cups of the stock that I reserved.
Tomorrow, we'll soak the corn husks, make the masa, fill them bad boys up and simmer them for about an hour before we chow down!

No grilling/BBQ here in Alabama today or tomorrow as as we are getting a nice steady rain from Tropical Storm Lee! HOWEVER, I decided to do it up right indoors and am beginning work on a big ass batch of hot tamales (Mississippi Delta style!). For any of you who have ever been to the delta and had hot tamales, you know the mouth watering that is going on at my house!
So as to kindly pass on the salivation factor, here's where I'm at: I just finished simmering about 6 lbs of cubed pork butt with some onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a pork bone broth for 2-1/2 hours. Got it shredded up and finished it off by tossing it in a spice mixture of chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder that had been sauteed in some oil. It's now chilling in the fridge along with about 10 cups of the stock that I reserved.
Tomorrow, we'll soak the corn husks, make the masa, fill them bad boys up and simmer them for about an hour before we chow down!

Holy crap...that...that makes me friggin HUNGRY! I don't even know what the hell all that means, but...wow!

Good hunting, dude.

-Trey

I have always told my wife, "That a way to a man's heart is though his fly", I know, you thought I was going say stomach.......

Nice job on the recipe. It made me hungry.....

No big plans but we do have some brats which I'll probably boil in a large bowl of beer and onions and then finish on the grill.

Hey, that sounds great. About how long do you boil them before they hit the grill?

These tamales are one of the best things I've ever eaten but I'll say this, to be such a simple set of ingredients: meat, spices, masa, corn husks; these fuggers take what would be the better part of a full day to prepare (although I broke mine up over two days for sanity's sake).

Hey, that sounds great. About how long do you boil them before they hit the grill?

This is actually only my second time making them. If I remember correctly you boil them for approx 10-15 minutes. This is really all the cooking they should need. You throw them on the grill more to get that smoky char and marks, not really to cook them. 3-4 minutes on the grill I suppose. The tricky part, and I didn't get to do this last time, is to reduce the boiling liquid to a nice sauce. Was gonna use approx 5 bottles of New Castle but they didn't have that at my retailer so I bought a sixer of SA Octoberfest. We'll see how it goes. I don't really know how long it will take to reduce the liquid down but if it ain't working I'll make a roux and throw that in.

These tamales are one of the best things I've ever eaten but I'll say this, to be such a simple set of ingredients: meat, spices, masa, corn husks; these fuggers take what would be the better part of a full day to prepare (although I broke mine up over two days for sanity's sake).
I help my mom to make tamales each year, mainly because if I don't then they won't get made. You're right, it's a pretty labor intensive thing to make. From prep to steaming it will take half a day.

Did some sausages and now a rack of lamb. Should be pretty good.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2191272514753&set=a.2185765017069.116160.1635349727&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2191269474677&set=a.2185765017069.116160.1635349727&type=1&theater

Had Ribs cooked today on the WSM and also cooked a brisket to reheat tomorrow.