• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you traditional Christmas movies?

Dr. Seuss "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is the only one that I have to watch. First full weekend of December after we put up the tree.

When I was in High school, we put on a version of the Grinch for all the elementary schools and day cares in our home town.
I was in it for 3 years, and I know almost every word by heart. I get in trouble for saying the word out loud while we are watching.

Tim

My favorite movies are:

1) A Christmas Story
2) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
3) Bad Santa
4) Home Alone 1 & 2 (Hey..... I grew up with these movies, don't make fun of me :laugh: )

1. Christmas Vacation
"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no! We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here! We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f____g Kaye! And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a$$holes this side of the nuthouse! "

2. A Christmas Story
Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

3. Elf
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."

I guess I missed that first one about Emmet Otter...oops...sorry Mel. On another note I'm sure you all remember the Heat Miser, well, over here in Iraq I am known as the CHU Miser (CHU=containerized housing unit a.k.a. a trailer). It is too complicated to explain. Really, I think one of the better Christmas movies is simply The Nativity Story.

I grew up in Cleveland and my father owned a business downtown. One night he dragged us downtown, didn't tell us why. We parked the car in front of his shop at the corner of West 6th & St Claire and walked a couple of blocks to Public Square. They were filming the mall scene from A Christmas Story. It was funny to see the windows of Higbee's decorated in 50's era toys and gifts then two windows over there is the brand spankin new Atari system.

While the kids and I open gifts we are usually watching the A Christmas Story marathon. If we are lucky, mom let's us get all the way through one complete showing all day.

Christmas Eve is usually How the Grinch Stole Christmas while we play board games and drink some seasonal wines.

There can be only one...

Bad Santa. ;)

253218-vi.jpg