• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What box would you buy?

KChiefsfan

If someone gave you $100 to spend on cigars, what box of cigars would you get? I am a poor boy looking for some good ideas, oh, also, where would you order them from? I personally prefer full strength cigars, complex, and always look for the best bang for the buck. Here would be my top 5 choices, what would yours be? I am looking to order a box within the next few days.

1. Padron 2000 (Highland Cigars-$89.95)
2. Diesel Unholy Cocktail or Unlimited d.5 (Cigar Place-$90.95, $64.95)
3. Cain F Nub (Cigar Place-$92.95)
4. CAO La Traviata Divino Maduro (Cigar Place-$93.95)
5. 5 Vegas Miami Robusto (Cigars Place-$80.95)

I bought a box of Padrons from Jim (keystone raider) here on CP. I highly recommend checking with him or one of the other CP vendors first.

The CAO Divine Maduro sounds interesting, but I haven't tried it.

For that price, IMHO, Padron's rule. Try both(natural and maduro) before you decide, they also make a lancero in the same price range too.

Padron for sure. Best bang for the buck, and I know from experience, they will age gracefully for several years. This means, you can smoke at your leisure, and not worry about drastic flavor profile changes.

The CAO Divine Maduro sounds interesting, but I haven't tried it.

For that price, IMHO, Padron's rule. Try both(natural and maduro) before you decide, they also make a lancero in the same price range too.

I think you mean the Panetela 6 7/8 x 36. Lanceros are usually a little longer, and a little thicker. Might sound picky, but Padron Lanceros are something that a lot of guys on the board have wanted for a long time.

Hopefully I did not word this the wrong way. These would just be my first choices, but not what I am limited to. I agree 100%, can not go wrong with the Padrons. I am hoping that others would give me their ideas of what they would buy. There may be some awesome smokes out there for under $100 that I have never thought of or heard of. Here are some smokes I have had recently that I thought were great, but do not fall into this limit. Any ideas are welcome.

La Riqueza #4 (I believe, Robusto)
Illusione 88 Robusto
Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
Oliva V Double Robusto
San Cristobal Classico
Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles

Hopefully I did not word this the wrong way. These would just be my first choices, but not what I am limited to. I agree 100%, can not go wrong with the Padrons. I am hoping that others would give me their ideas of what they would buy. There may be some awesome smokes out there for under $100 that I have never thought of or heard of. Here are some smokes I have had recently that I thought were great, but do not fall into this limit. Any ideas are welcome.

La Riqueza #4 (I believe, Robusto)
Illusione 88 Robusto
Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
Oliva V Double Robusto
San Cristobal Classico
Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles

I personally love the 88s.

I have had mixed results with the Tatuaje Havana VI and the San Cristobal, but the good ones were delicious.

If money is really an issue I would stick with the Padrons for strength and complexity. As others said they age well. Padron is a great value for your price range.

Padron from your list.

My list would be:

RASCC
Parti Short
Illusione ~68~
Boli CJ's

all around 100.00 or slightly over.

As most have said, can't go wrong with Padrons. Consider the Gran Habano # 5, for the money it is hard to beat (IMHO).

The Illisone 68 was also a great recommendation.

Ken

Oliva V's are my favorite go to, I know they arent exactly $100 a box but worth the extra coin. Or just buy 15 of them.. :thumbs:

Thank you everyone for your replies. I actually decided to spend a little extra and get the Oliva V Double Robusto from Hiland Cigars for $113.98 a box. Plus I already have 20 Cain F Robusto's coming that I picked up for $32.60 (10) on Cigar Bid's Free Fall. I decided to go this way since my Father In Law smokes cigars too and he just bought a box of the Padron 2000 Maduros, so I can just stop by his house to enjoy one if need be. I am still fairly new to Cigar Pass so can someone please help direct me to where you find "vendors" here on Cigar Pass? I have seen people mention it before but I can not find how to contact them. I would much rather help support people on here since everyone here has been great to me.

On a side note, if you are ever in Destin FL, stop by Harbor Cigars, great people, great customer service, awesome selection and great prices. Just wish I lived there.

Back