• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What brand

Up In Smoke 85

would you recomend for someone just starting out? I 'm not looking to spend alot yet still enjoy a good smoke.thanks.

Padron X000 Series. They are excellent smokes to start out on!

Padron X000 Series. They are excellent smokes to start out on!
The Natural wrappers yes, the Maduro's no. Try an Arturo Fuente in Natural or Maduro wrapper. Also try a Cuesta Rey in Natural and Maduro wrapper. The Ashton Cabinet series is also a good place to start. What cigars have you tried already and liked? It would be easier to recommend a cigar that way.

Emo

...dunno, Emo - Padron 2000 Maddies were one of my first smokes and I sure liked them. To each his own, to be sure.

Best part about them or the AF's is that they are popular enough that you can find them at most better B&M stores. Buy a couple of each and try them out.

Also, as mentioned, a noobie sampler trade is probably one of if not the very best ways to get a great selection of good smokes. Can't recommend that one enough.

Regards - B.B.S.

What a loaded question...what have you smoked so far? And, what is "a lot" when it comes to cost?

Help us out so we can help you out!

I think the Avo Clasics are a great place to start. A little higher priced
than some others buy tons of creamy smoke and nice flavor in a milder cigar.
Then you can move right to the Avo XO line when you want a little more spice.

Hard to go wrong with Fuente also.

I'd go with the Newbie Sampler trade. You cant go wrong with $50 with one of those members in the rotation since you will get so many different smokes that will help give you an idea what you enjoy. Now for an advanced smoker such as myself, it isnt always a good thing to do it. But I had some nice little gems from the 2 Newbie Trades I did when I first joined the board. Plus, it help break the ice with the other members on the board. :thumbs:

:) You cant really go wrong with RyJ credos #2, #3 or the Ryj Churchill for a great smooth smoke usually under $10. Carlos Torano reserva selecta is a good choice to. :thumbs:

would you recomend for someone just starting out? I 'm not looking to spend alot yet still enjoy a good smoke.thanks.

Start HERE

You will get a variety of good smokes.

Brian

Infinity hit the nail right on the head! I've completed 2 NST's and I'm about ready for a 3rd. The guys who help out us 'newer' members in the NST are proof of how great this board really is! Definitely start in the NST. Enjoy :D

IMHO the padrons are a little strong for the newbs. I did try one early on and enjoyed it tho so wouldn't hurt to give it a try. I suggest the 3000 Nat. if you go that way.

One of the first cigars I tried and really enjoyed was the Fonseca 898. My tastes have gone a stornger direction now though.

Good luck on your search. That is half the fun!!

Gurkha Class Regent isn't too expensive and I think it represents the line well. Good quality for a reasonable price.