• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What cigar shold I try

luvlife

Hello I just joined CP and my question is what is a good cigar to get for first timer thanks

Is there a local cigar shop near you? If so, that is the best place to go and ask that question. If it is worth its salt, they will point you to some good sticks to fit what your tastes are.

Good Luck and have fun.

No one will disagree with my comment. You CAN NOT go wrong with a Padron. Find a size you like and go at it. Enjoy the experience.

you could try an Acid Kuba Kuba. LOL...I jest! Padron x000. My first was the Padron 2000
wub.gif
and I was hooked at hello.
thumbs-up.gif

you could try an Acid Kuba Kuba. LOL...I jest! Padron x000. My first was the Padron 2000
wub.gif
and I was hooked at hello.
thumbs-up.gif

Don't you mean you were hooked at "cello"?? :sign:

I suck at puns.

I suggest Arturo Fuente Chateau Sungrowns or any Hemi/Don Carlos line.

Dude, welcome to CP. Second, try any and all cigars you can get your hands on! You'll find out what you like and don't like. A local shop can also help you with recommendations.

Personally, I'd start with a Padron X000 series. Can't go wrong there. Another recommendation: start with some less expensive sticks first and move up from there. If a less expensive stick trips your trigger, way to go. You'll end up spending less on your new hobby.

Now get out there and smoke!

BR

Yup, not likely to go wrong with Padron or Fuente. I'll also second the suggestion that you try the Newbie Sampler. It is awesome and well worth it.

Here's some more reading for you:

Newb Question...

Getting back in, need a few suggestions

Best non cuban cigars

I found these all on the first two pages of this forum. For what it's worth, this is a common question, so running a quick search will give you more reading than you'd likely want.

Joya de Nicaragua Antaño

hahahaha :laugh: you trying to kill the guy?
The first time I smoked an Antaño I had to crawl back inside the house, and NO
I didn't inhale the smoke.

heh... glad someone got that. :) This is going to be my default answer when people don't do any research or offer any useful information and ask what to smoke. Hopefully one of them will follow up with what they thought.

-John

Edit to add: Okay, I'm half joking on that. It wouldn't be very nice to make a newb hack up his lunch and turn him off to cigar smoking with a joke recommendation.

As others have said:

Padron X000
Arturo Fuente Cuban Corona

and I will add the cigar that started me down this path
Arturo Fuente 858

Welcome.

Seth

Joya de Nicaragua Antaño

hahahaha :laugh: you trying to kill the guy?
The first time I smoked an Antaño I had to crawl back inside the house, and NO
I didn't inhale the smoke.

heh... glad someone got that. :) This is going to be my default answer when people don't do any research or offer any useful information and ask what to smoke. Hopefully one of them will follow up with what they thought.

-John

Edit to add: Okay, I'm half joking on that. It wouldn't be very nice to make a newb hack up his lunch and turn him off to cigar smoking with a joke recommendation.

But you know what JHolmes, is not necessarily a bad thing to start with an Antaño. In my case everything I smoke now I find medium in strength like a Padrón 1926 and an Ashton VSG I had the other day... I'm not scare of anything now :p
So first timers start with a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño and pass out for 3 hours then you'll be initiated!!! :laugh: