• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you do if.....

toliver

If you cannot finish the cigar you have started, do you:

a) cut the lit end off with your cutter and finish it later
b) let it burn itself out and finish it later
c) throw it away
d) none of the above

I have a friend of my who lets his smolder out and sets it in is window sill and finishes it later. I tried it and the re-smoke taste really bad. Justs wondering what you all do.

Todd

a) let it burn itself out
b) cut the lit end off with your cutter
c) blow through the cigar to expel any remaining stale smoke
d) finish it within an hour or two.

Depends how much I've smoked of it and how good it was to start with. If I like it and only smoked an inch for some reason I'll cut the end and fire it up again later in the day.

smokegetsinyoureyes said:
I let it burn out and then throw it out. All my attempts at cutting, blowing out, etc. have never worked.
[snapback]273991[/snapback]​

I do the same.

I've tried before to re-light. Tasted horrible enough for me to say never again. I now always make sure I have enough time to smoke the whole cigar unless an emergency pops up.

Jason

MichiganM said:
I've tried before to re-light. Tasted horrible enough for me to say never again. I now always make sure I have enough time to smoke the whole cigar unless an emergency pops up.

Jason
[snapback]274022[/snapback]​

I usually do the same. Before I light a cigar, I always make sure I have plenty of time to smoke it without being interrupted. Usually I am out at the pool hall when I smoke, so I always have plenty of time.

Toss it

They never seem to taste as good after sitting for a while.

I've had good luck re-lighting smokes. I let them go out on their own (or put them in a Cigar Saver or glass tubo with cap/cork) and when I re-light I remove the hard gray ash from the tip and blow through the cigar occaisionaly as I light it.

I never start a cigar if I cant finish it. I will not relight one that has been out for awhile. Even at 5 mins out it starts to taste funny to me so I am pretty attentive to the cigar till its done.

I let it burn out and then finish it later. If it tastes really bad then I toss it. I guess it depends on the cigar and how long it was unlit.

I have never had much success recovering a cigar once it has gone out and has been sitting for a while. I just light up another or forget about it. When I am smoking a premium i do my best to make sure nothing is going to come up that would stop me from smoking but as we all no stuff happens occasionally.

Nic

I always make sure I have enough time to finish what I started to smoke. If I am interrupted and have to put it down for a few minutes then no big deal. I would never relight after 15 minutes or more.

The Master said:
I always make sure I have enough time to finish what I started to smoke. If I am interrupted and have to put it down for a few minutes then no big deal. I would never relight after 15 minutes or more.
[snapback]274094[/snapback]​

ditto

Chuck it...the cigar will never taste the same if yout try to re-light it more than a 1/2 and hour later. It just gets all mest up with the oxydation and tar. If it's worth it to light it up then make sure you can spend the time to smoke the whole thing...

-Fetter