• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you do with your bands?

Inthacup

I've got a cigar journal that I keep most of mine in, but I have at least 100 laying loose around my place. I was wondering if anyone has done anything cool or unique with their loose bands.

Cup

When I smoke in my car I place the bands in a clip I have fastened to my sun visor. Don't ask why because I don't know. Last count there was around fifty or so up there. Who knows where the rest of em go.

I save them then when I get a batch, I get theose $2 picture frames from Walmart and then I glue them on the paper and BAM you got cigar/poker room wall hangin items. They actually look pretty dam good, very colorful.

Jim

Taken a bunch and put them in a nice double matted display I made, then sold it on eBay.

I stick them in a drawer and when that gets full I give them away. Takes about 3 years to fill the drawer to 1500 bands or so

I am pasting them into composition notebooks with notes about the cigar. Once I have already smoked the stick though I am throwing them into a paper bag.

I like browndevil and sleepjim's ideas. I would like to see a picture of either/both if you have it.

Matt

If its the first time I've smoked a cigar I paste it in a book I have, for repeats, I just trash 'em. I sometimes save ISOM bands in a cigar box so that I have some around to reband sticks I get that aren't banded.

Saving a bunch to put on a old humi I have. The rest get tossed.

Well if any of you that toss them wish to give them to me I'll take them, will work out cost and such.

If not thats Ok also.

Never figured on selling them, My poker/cigar room is way large, not to mention the pool room, I fihure I got years of doing this to cover the walls.

Jim

I have been smoking right through them, adds flavor.

Newb mistake.

I toss them.

I just throw them in a cigar box, used some for CAO swag and sent some to a BOTL so he could order from BandWagon

I toss mine in a ziplock bag. I only smoke one a day, so they don't build up fast. I turned some in for the CAO swag hat too.

I had a guy here in Guyana hand carve me an ashtray, then I took the bands and glued them to the outside of the ashtray, and put about 20 coats of high gloss varnish over that. . . it looks FANTASTIC! (Of course, that was several years ago, and my taste in cigars has changed ALOT!)

Then, I purchased an unfinished Humidor and did the same thing. . . It also LOOKS GREAT!

And. . it seems to make the project a little more personal too.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

I save all of mine my don't know what I am going to do with them yet but I have every band from every cigar that I have ever smoked. I will probobly do something along the lines of what GuyanaBoy has done.

I use them as kindling in the winter. I love a nice fire in the fireplace..... :D

I wrap the bands from double coronas around my schlong and take pictures, which I then put in a digital album. You wanna' see? I have this great one from a recent 03 Cohiba EL.