• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you drink when smoking a cigar?

Water, Soda, Diet soda, Coffee, Guinness, other beers, scotch, rum, bourbon. Damn near anything. If I feel like a beer, it's a beer, if I feel like Kool-Aid, I drink the Kool-Aid.

Bourbon, rum, Scotch, Irish whiskey . . . usually bourbon. Rocks or rocks and a splash of club soda.

Coffee goes really, really well with a nice morning CC, though. And oddly enough, cranberry juice is great with most maduros, even if you don't have a bladder infection! :laugh:

Fountain Dr. Pepper with lots of ice on road trips. I love a good cigar behind the wheel.

~Boar

Coffee in the mornings/afternoon. If after 5:00 (ok maybe more like 4:00), typically go with 1/3 milk, 1/3 Soli's, and 1/3 Brendan's Irish Cream with a few ice cubes. Yeah its a weenie drink, but it really does go well with smokes. And just in case someone may actually try this, cheap vodka like Monarch will curdle the milk/irish cream.

I like to have a white russian, or a scotch at least if I'm smoking at my house.

Since I almost always smoke later in the evening, after the kids are asleep, I usually have a Scotch. If I smoke a milder cigar, I will probably go with Vodka with a hint of citrus in it. Occasionally, I will substitute Tequila for the Scotch, and on rare occasions, with a strong cigar, I will have a Burbon. All drinks are on the rocks. Sometimes more rocks. Sometimes one rock just to make it cold.

Like they say, variety is the spice of life.

I didn't say this in my other post... but if I don't drink water I will drink Jameson.

Usually I just drink water, though sometimes I'll grab a Sam Adams. The Boston lager goes well with just about anything.

Wow, I thought I was the only one into the Diet Coke thing!

My favorite is actually to have Diet Coke (gotta be in the can still) to cleanse the palate, along with a glass of really good tawny port or colheita.

By the way, I like to think I started the cigar and Diet Coke thing. I made this post more than 12 years ago on the alt.smokers.cigars Newsgroup. Any other veterans of ASC here?

Here's my original post:

Nov 20 1996

I've been following the threads about what to drink with a cigar, and
I have a suggestion, wondering if anyone else has tried this.

Alright, don't laugh now, you gotta have an open mind about this: my
absolute favorite thing to drink with a cigar is a well-chilled Diet Coke
out of a can!! I'm completely serious! Somehow, Diet Coke is a drink
which is just sweet enough to balance whatever slight edge the cigar may
have, it cleanses the palate beautifully, and yet it is just bland enough
not to upstage the taste of the cigar. It makes the smoke taste sweeter
and fuller, yet smoother somehow.

Really, I'm not kidding, try it. It has gotten to the point where I won't
smoke a cigar without a can of Diet Coke nearby (it's gotta be from a can,
and chilled, for some reason I don't get the same effect otherwise.)

My favorite combination so far is a Macanudo Hyde Park (again, don't
laugh!) and Diet Coke. Try it before you die laughing...

I hope someone else will try this and confirm this ridiculous-sounding
suggestion.

Mike

PS - I've come a long way since the Macanudos...

I normally smoke my cigars after work when I'm trying to calm down. So if its at a bar it is usually with a couple of $3 pitchers of domestic beer. If at home its bud light or bud select.

I cant wait till 4:45 :blush:

Usually I have a Black Coffee or a Diet Coke; sometimes an Iced Tea goes very nicely

I had a Coca-Cola with my last cigar and it was amazing.

I'm definitely doing that again. :)

My three favourite alcoholic tipples to accompany a cigar are Benedictine, Mead and a Tawny made from Jaboticaba berries which is produced at a winery that is near my home. In the morning a strong sweet espresso and if I'm not in the mood for alcohol (which I am finding more and more lately) a glass of fresh OJ.

Pete

Depends on the time of day/night and also what i am in the mood for. But it is in no particular order; Coffee, water, IPA, Single malt scotch, Irish whiskey or Cognac.

I usually drink knob creek bourbon with whatever I'm smoking; however, I just bought a box of Habanos Cohiba Esplendidos that I plan to smoke with a side of Bacardi Reserva Limitada (the 12 year aged 85$ barcardi rum). I plan to have a few sweet nights.

I had a Coca-Cola with my last cigar and it was amazing.

I'm definitely doing that again. :)

I tried that once and it was just way too sweet for me to really enjoy the cigar. I suppose I could try it again to see if it works out better the second time around but the first time it didn't work out too well for me. :blush:

I either drink coffee or just plain cold bottled water.

Just about anything cold and wet will do.
I usually don't drink liquor.

Often it's Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper or iced tea.
Sometimes raspberry iced tea.

Once at Mahogany the Courvoisier rep was there
and gave me a snifter of their Napolean Brandy.
It was good and strong, so just sips were needed
to clear the palate. It seemed to go well with a
cigar. I think I had an Oliva V, or maybe a Soprano
at the time. My regular drink at Mahogany is iced
tea or a Marguerita.

Chemyst :cool: