• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you guys think of Helix cigars

My experience has not been very good with either the natural or maddie :( Decent construction on botrh account, but the tsaste just didn't suit what I was looking for - a little bad tating and a little to weak.

Of course, if you like them, they are quite a bargain....

Cheers,
Dixie

I like the naturals. Nice light smoke for a Sunday morning with my heavily creamerd coffee. Good smoke I think.

I enjoy Helix a lot, both the nats and the maduros, but then I like mild cigars more than most folks do.

I just gave my son (24 years old) a Box of these for CHristmas He loves um...
I just cant get into this brand...
Hb

WAY too mild for me. :(

Oooo, oooo, I gotta add gibu and statelandman to my list (along with nicko99) of who to send my Helix naturals to!!

Too mild for my taste yet very pleasant smoke. My partner enjoys a milder stick and really likes the Helix line. Affordable sticks!

QUOTE (gibu @ Dec 14 2003, 12:01 AM)
I like the naturals. Nice light smoke for a Sunday morning with my heavily creamerd coffee. Good smoke I think.

Dammit!

???

coventrycat86 said:
WAY too mild for me. :(

Oooo, oooo, I gotta add gibu and statelandman to my list (along with nicko99) of who to send my Helix naturals to!!
You know where I'm at buddy :sign:

Completely flavorless cigar.... or maybe I just like more power. :(

They are a decent smoke (to me). Especially for the price. I had one a few months back that I enjoyed, had another last week that was so-so. Probably my tastes developing a little bit more.

I do like my mild smokes for the morning time, though, so maybe it's just me.

I tried the Helix nats last year when they first came out and wasn't too impressed. The maddies were noticably stronger. One year later, the nats are much better in flavor and aroma. The maduros are also better, too; not as harsh. Sometimes it takes a year for the new cigars to settle down.

Still waiting for you Helix-haters to gift me your unwanted smokes. :love: Snailer addy in profile. :D Jonathan actually made me swap some of my better smokes for his, the sneaky rascal! :sneaky:

statelandman said:
Still waiting for you Helix-haters to gift me your unwanted smokes. :love: Snailer addy in profile. :D Jonathan actually made me swap some of my better smokes for his, the sneaky rascal! :sneaky:
You bet! I don't hate 'em that bad!

This thread made me want to go remind myself of these sticks. I remembered that I had one resting in the cooler, so I went and dug it out. My cooler stays at a solid 68%, so I let it rest for three hours in the cello on the table, and one hour with no cello.

I punched the end of it after dinner when I got ready to smoke it, and drew through it. The draw was absolutely perfect, like drinking from a straw. The construction was perfect as well - if there was a vein in the wrapper, I didn't see it.

The cigar was pleasant, though mild. The draw tightened up a bit as I smoked it since it was punched, but it never got hard.

All in all, a damn good smoke tonight. Though that may be because it was my first chance all week to actually sit down and relax with a cigar. :)

My Secret Santa was kind enough to send me one along several other Pimo sticks. I have it resting, and plan to pull it out for X-mas morning. I'm looking forward to trying it.

M3