• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

what do you guys think of this humidor

dead_man

I'll be buying a new humidor soon, and was looking at this one http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDis...cat=10&page=all

They have one on C-bid right now too, just wanted to see if you all thought it would be a good humidor. Of course I would go with the beads. I bought a 25ct. humidor, and well, that's not enough room. I like it mostly because of the drawers, I like being able to see all my cigars and not have to did for them, and I think it looks nicer, so the drawers are a big selling point for me. The price is around what I was looking to spend, but probably less if I get it off C-bid. Just let me know what you think, good or bad. Also on cbid they have a 5 vegas 100ct humidor with 30 cigars. I've never tried 5 vegas, so I was thinking about that. If you have other ideas, please feel free to let me know.
Thanks in advance.

I have the 5 Vegas humidor and the smokes.The humidor is great but I dont care for the smokes the best out of the line up is the Series A.I still have some if you want to try them out.Their yours if you want them I think I a few of each just let me know.

Looks pretty nice, but I bet 120 count capacity is a stretch. I have a supposed 125 count capacity humidor that is almost identical in terms of dimensions but only has three drawers. I'm pretty full at 100, and considering that those 5 drawers probably take up more volume than my three drawers, I place that thing at 100 count or so. Ganted, cigar size makes a big difference but I have a wide variety of sizes with the most common being around 6x50.

The drawersk might seem like a nice addition, but they also make it harder for the humidor to maintain RH. Check out the humidors offered at the CP store, or cheaphumidors.com, or bargainhumidors.com before buying from CigarIntl. Support the little guy. ;)

emodx said:
The drawersk might seem like a nice addition, but they also make it harder for the humidor to maintain RH. Check out the humidors offered at the CP store, or cheaphumidors.com, or bargainhumidors.com before buying from CigarIntl. Support the little guy. ;)
[snapback]300798[/snapback]​

I have a 150 that I histerically thought would last me a while. In baseball terms, it serves for the sticks "on deck". I'm looking around for the right cooler to make my first coolidor.

I don't like this one because of the drawers. Its a nice looking piece of furniture, but it'd take forever for humidity to stabilize. Emo has a point.

Nice humi for the price.

I went from 1 humidor to '5' in no time flat (probably inside of 6 months)
...yes - I admit I have a problem <grin>...

Like most things in life - make sure you get a little more thant what you are really interested in...it seems we always seem to want more!

But that could just be me!!!

Gary

(I'm looking for a cabinet now - lol!)

Thanks for all the help guys. I really want something with a lot of drawers, and I know it's going to be harder to keep the RH up, but I'll have beads in very drawer. I'm not at the point where I'm buying boxes of cigars, I have some I like that I'd like to have the room to keep eight-ten on hand at all times, the drawers would work great. I like the fact that I can just pull open the drawer and grab one and not have to dig, and I looks nicer to me, not like every thing was just tossed in there. Do you think, if I had beads in every drawer, I'd have any trouble keeping the RH at 65?

EDIT:

Oh, and hooiserguy, thanks for the cigars.

Personally, I prefer coolerdors BUT if you want something as a nice, fancy piece of furniture you'll be displaying in a den or whatever, I think that one you picked out is pretty nice.

Once you get really going, you'll probably find you'll be building coolerdors. ;) You too Gary! :laugh:

I'll be buying a new humidor soon, and was looking at this one http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDis...cat=10&page=all

They have one on C-bid right now too, just wanted to see if you all thought it would be a good humidor. Of course I would go with the beads. I bought a 25ct. humidor, and well, that's not enough room. I like it mostly because of the drawers, I like being able to see all my cigars and not have to did for them, and I think it looks nicer, so the drawers are a big selling point for me. The price is around what I was looking to spend, but probably less if I get it off C-bid. Just let me know what you think, good or bad. Also on cbid they have a 5 vegas 100ct humidor with 30 cigars. I've never tried 5 vegas, so I was thinking about that. If you have other ideas, please feel free to let me know.
Thanks in advance.

I have a 5 drawer humi I purchased off ebay that is similar. I hold humidity very well in spite of the fact it is a Thompson product. It supposedly holds 175 cigars, and if they were petite enough, no doubt it would. I think I could pack 125 robusto-churchill type cigars into it (with bead tubes).

millionaire.jpg

I would recommend a smaller 40-60 count humidor for daily scrounging and get a cooler of two for aging/storage.

Good luck with your addiction

Back