• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you like to drink while you smoke?

Depending on my mood, anything. Scotch, bourbon, rum, beer, coke, coffee or anything else I can think of.

Smoked a ISOM Monte last night with 3 fingers of Jim Beam Black. That did the trick. Scotch is easily overpowering to cigars sometimes I find. I have to find the right full bodied cigar to go with a single malt.

Never tried a martini with a stoge though. That will be next I think.

A very interesting list of beverages. I started off with beer and single malts, and enjoyed the complimentary flavors of sip before a draw or vice versa. But being the light weight that I am, I would often times end the smoke a bit inebriated. This of course dulled the senses and I missed the point of whatever stick I was smoking. Lately, I have been sticking with water mostly to refresh my taste buds. On a nice sunny day I might have a beer but try to stick to something that does not alter the flavor of the smoke too much.

It's simple for me.....coffee, water, or a good beer that compliments the cigar well.

Most of the time it's water, but single malt has become part of my life. With water you get the straight cigar taste that i love, while the malt enhances the experience. ymmv!

I enjoy a good bourbon with cigars occasionally. Some of the darker beers are also equally nice on occasion. However, a lot of the time I prefer to just smoke a cigar, then have a drink so that my full attention can be on the cigar.

I enjoy anything that propentiates and acts synergisticly with the psychotropic effects of the nicotine in my cigar.

Doc.

Most of the time it's water, but single malt has become part of my life. With water you get the straight cigar taste that i love, while the malt enhances the experience. ymmv!

Yeah, I agree with you regarding water. However, I also like my beer. :rolleyes:

Most of the time water but Red Wine, a nice scotch or Port are nice compliments. A good sweet/malty beer is always good, I tend to stay away from bitter hop bomb type brews as it seems to really overwhelm the cigar.

I usually drink water, but lately I've been leaning towards a healthy beer like Smithwick's.

Based on recommendations here on this forum, I have tried Root Beer. For some reason it goes really nice with a cigar for me.

I really like H2O, Coke Zero, Good Beer and for some reason I seem to enjoy my cigars more when I have Fruity Drinks. Don't ask me why but to me it does.

Raf

Scotch...nothing too peaty or complex, something like Highland Park

Red Wine....usually a cab, liking red wine with my cigars more and more

Beer...though I'm a beer geek, something flavourless like a Corona

Espresso...really brings out the cigar's best flavours

Water...alongside all of the above

I don't bother to drink anything overly complex or expensive, just cheap and complimentary.

I like iced tea (with or w/o lemon or raspberry), Coca-Cola , Dr. Pepper, hot chocolate(winter)
or anything with tequila in it! Wine is good, too. I don't do beer or whiskey,
so no opinion.

Chemyst :cool:

Depending upon what i'm smoking and where i'm at i usually start off with a couple medium bodied smokes with a couple beers (either from the kegorator on my back patio or a Negro Modelo or Fat Tire at one of the local cigar lounges on reservation) and then graduate to a fuller bodied smoke with a single malt scotch. Sometimes i do a nice whiskey on the rocks or even a rum and coke. Recently i've been turned on to the black strap rum and i've been testing it out with a few various vitolas. I think my favorite combo so far with that is a Hemi maduro.