• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you recommend?

Dorkadee

I‘m a fairly new pipe smoker and I am looking for some recommendations for some blends that I can buy in the uk. I like aromatics and not sure I’m ready for the strong stuff yet but willing to try a range of different tobaccos. Got some Samuel Gawith Balkan blend but I now understand the difficulties of smoking damp tobacco. Not pleasant. Tongue burn, which raises another question about how best to dry out tobacco and establish the best conditions for a good burn. I’ve got a few tobaccos in Kilner jars ie Mac Baren 7 seas royal blend, some St Bruno, Gold Block and Peterson Nightcap but haven’t tried any of them yet after my Balkan experience. Any help gratefully receive. The other question I have is about Flake tobacco. Do you rub it out in your hand into a ball then fill your bowl? Below is my new pipe to start to fire up7E623646-BB56-4D1F-A628-268556FE61E0.jpeg

Not sure what is available in the UK, might try an English or Oriental. Aromatics are know for tongue bite ,you are either smoking to fast or you tobacco is to wet.

Try letting rhe tobacco dry on a paper plate for a couple hours, theres a way to tell if its dry enough.

Depending on what flake , I either rub it out or fold

Not sure what is available in the UK, might try an English or Oriental. Aromatics are know for tongue bite ,you are either smoking to fast or you tobacco is to wet.

Try letting rhe tobacco dry on a paper plate for a couple hours, theres a way to tell if its dry enough.

Depending on what flake , I either rub it out or fold
Thank you

Back